Vizslas

smilinicon

Vizslas

Post by smilinicon » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:45 pm

Hello to all,

It is my hope that others will post their pictures and stories of the beautiful vizsla here. I just can't get enough of them :)

here is a quirky but neat link with some vizsla cards and signs. I like the "you are here" one the best.

Cary

http://www.cafepress.com/dogs_of_war/177853

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:27 am

Plenty of pics on my website if you want to check them out. I tried to post them here but they show up HUGE when I do.
Check out Shooter's and Buffy's thumbnail galleries. My wife took some nice pictures of both.

www.socovs.com

DoubleB20

Post by DoubleB20 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:52 am

I'm right there with you. I have a new pup, Journey, she is 14 weeks old now. I'd post some pictures, but she doesn't sit still long enough to get a picture. I usually only get blurrs and the last half of her. She's a blast and gives my big ol lab fits. I wish I had her energy.

thewigla

Post by thewigla » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:06 am

I'll post some pics as soon I find where my wife keeps them. I'm loving my new V to death. She is a real treat to our home and I can't wait to get her on some Chukar this fall.

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:38 pm

Nothin in the world like a Vizsla pup!

Zoomie ( the little one ) is 16 months old now & a bird machine!

The action shots are so blurry 'cause he's so fast :P

Not to mention I need a faster camera :oops:

smilinicon

Post by smilinicon » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:05 am

thanks all and a great start.

phermes1: I enjoyed the website and will view it again. Love seeing the senior V's.

DoubleB20: I have attached the first picture I ever took of Sophie to show you are not alone :)

Vince: You have two? I knew of Zoomie only.

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:51 am

I haven't checked back in to the Gundog forum in quite awhile good to see it is still going strong. I have tons of photos of both my girls they are my favorite photo subject and photography has been a hobby of mine. I will share a few here. Just remember these are my photos and shouldn't be used without my consent.

rnbiii

Post by rnbiii » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:33 am

dhondtm,

Great pics... I especially like the last one.

bklyn hunter

Post by bklyn hunter » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:45 pm

sorry for the big pics don't know how to size

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:58 pm

Smilinicon,

The older one is Stinky. He's 13 yo. We "rescued" him about 10 years ago, but he was so head shy that he was pretty much ruined for bird or gun work, He's going blind but still has plenty of energy & spirit to dominate the pup evry now & then.

Dhondtm,

Those are some pretty girls there! Where are they from?

smilinicon

Post by smilinicon » Sun May 13, 2007 12:04 pm

Sophie at six and a half months...

Margaret

Post by Margaret » Sun May 13, 2007 10:52 pm

Here is my Armand. He is a show champion now. Some of his line "Hubertus" is in Nth America.

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Mon May 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Tue May 15, 2007 2:20 pm

NEV,
My pup has had that same pheasant toy several times over. They all have been decapitated. Each time, he would play with it for a while, then lay down with it & proceed to "pluck" it while softly & pathetically whimpering! The last two shots (last one's a duck) really capture how sad & pathetic he got!
I don't even bother buying them anymore!

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Tue May 15, 2007 9:12 pm

Vince, mine pull the squeaker out and are then done playing with it. I dont buy them anymore also since they now last all of 5 minutes..it takes me at least 15 minutes just to clean up the stuffing after they are done. Now they get a rawhide every now and again and look at me wondering where the squeaker is.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Wed May 16, 2007 6:29 pm

phermes1 wrote:Plenty of pics on my website if you want to check them out. I tried to post them here but they show up HUGE when I do.
Check out Shooter's and Buffy's thumbnail galleries. My wife took some nice pictures of both.

www.socovs.com
My wife asked/told me to point out that the videos on our videos page are not videos so much as collages of pictures of our dogs and our various exploits.

http://www.socovs.com/Videos.html

airman

Post by airman » Mon May 21, 2007 6:11 pm

Phermes1 You got some nice looking Vizsla's there. My boy is showing here in CA and has hit it hard. I need to get some pics of him up. He's 16 months. This year will be his first full year of hunting. He hunts with my golden and they work good together.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Mon May 21, 2007 6:14 pm

Thanks. I figure I'll keep feeding 'em. :)

Good luck with your pup!

airman

Post by airman » Thu May 24, 2007 5:26 pm

Phermes1 I'v looked at afew petagrees from back east lines. They seem not to be named hungarian names. I'm in CA and all the dog in our lines and most of the breeders i know name in hungarian. Is it a west coast thing?

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:08 pm

It must be a west coast thing. I don't know of really anybody that only uses hungarian names. East coast, south, midwest - anywhere I've been.

What west coast kennels are you referring to? Just curious.

airman

Post by airman » Sat May 26, 2007 6:30 pm

not the kennel names as a whole. Their are a few can't spell off the top of my head, mostly the dogs akc reg. names. Most of the Ch. names are hungerian, not all. Everyone is a CH. dog out of our petagree, and most Jr. hunter if not master. I can't even pronounce my dogs reg. name. Is your dogs very tall? Their is a trend out here whare the dogs are getting to tall and the judges are going for it. My guy is 23" and very muscular, we run him on wild pheasants as much as i can to keep him fit and ready to hunt. Have you seen that "v" with the name lord of the dance? My boy looks just like him. They started off here in CA and moved back east. One of the breaders here in Napa was close friends with the couple.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:52 am

We prefer dogs that are a little taller and bigger-boned. Our male is 24" but very moderately boned. Our female is also 24" with a LOT of bone.
I'd say most males I see around are between 23" and 24". It seemed when our male was showing that most dogs were more moderate in height and bone. In the past few years, though, the pendulum has swung a bit and I'm seeing some bigger boys out there. Which is fine by me and actually closer to what the breed standard in Hungary calls for.

Yes, I've seen Lord of the Dance - Konnor. He's a very nice-looking dog. He took BOB at Westminster this year. Man, that show is a freakin' madhouse. We had both our dogs entered and it was an experience to say the least!!

Theresa

I love these pix!

Post by Theresa » Tue May 29, 2007 9:43 am

Its neat to see Margaret's undocked dog compared to the docked dogs. Its neat to see the various stages of growth from pups to adults.

Does anyone have any teeny baby pix to post?

tenbearsviz

Post by tenbearsviz » Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 am

I was just sent this photo by a member of the gallery at the ODVC walking trial held May 5-6, 2007.

This is my dog Toby aka "B", aka, TobyTwoBalls, aka TobyTenBears... and I finishing a retrieve.

Also known as Onpoint's Tuff Act To Beat..

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:03 am

Wow, nice pic, Don!!

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Wed May 30, 2007 12:09 pm

thats a pretty shot, he looks proud with his head up as he brings that bird in.

smilinicon

Post by smilinicon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:46 am

I found this old pic of Sophie morphing into devil-pup (phew! I am glad those days are gone) :)

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:55 am

Check out our fat girl! She's due July 2, but we're guessing she's going to deliver early!

www.socovs.com
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Danro

Post by Danro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:23 am

smilinicon wrote:I found this old pic of Sophie morphing into devil-pup (phew! I am glad those days are gone) :)
AHHHHH, GHOST DOG!!!!!!! :D
"They asked, and He brought quail...."
Psalm 105:40

BOSUN

Post by BOSUN » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:23 am

phermes...are you the SLVC hermes?