pointer tri-colored

bean1031

pointer tri-colored

Post by bean1031 » Sat May 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Ive never seen any but Ive heard they look pretty cool! Does any one have pics?

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sat May 12, 2007 10:20 pm

CH. STRUT - He won the following this year!

2nd North Dakota Derby
1st D.E. Hawthorne Derby
2nd Black Belt Derby
Runner up Georgia Derby Championship
Winner Continental Derby Championship
Winner National Derby Championship
Runner up All American Derby Championship
Winner American Derby Invitational Championship

I just bred him to my NBHA SC Derby DOY - Sarah.

Casper

Post by Casper » Sat May 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Does he have any more tan markings on him other than the left side of his face?

I wonder if he will throw any tri color with Sara?

Does he have any litters already whelped?

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sat May 12, 2007 11:13 pm

He has a liver & tan spot near his tail that can't be seen in this pic. Don't know if he'll produce any tri-colored pups, but hopefully she took and we'll see. :D

EWSIV

Post by EWSIV » Mon May 14, 2007 7:08 am

Yawallac,

Do you have Strut's pedigree handy?

Thanks,

Will

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Mon May 14, 2007 7:28 am

Strut is out of Ch. Rock Acre Blackhawk, the hottest sire in the Pointer world right now and Tommy Davis' dam which is dbl. Whippoorwill's Rebel breeding.

I considered going directly to Blackhawk but from all the accounts that I have read and heard about Strut "Jake", he is something pretty special. And with Tommy owning and handling him I believe that he will grace the cover of Am. Field before too long.

After going to Pine Knoll Plantation to breed to Strut, I knew that I was making the right choice. Jake is a great looking dog with a super personality. He has a calm demeanor and was very friendly. Tommy said that he is the best dog he has ever owned or handled. That says a lot coming from Tommy.

tnbirddogman

Post by tnbirddogman » Mon May 14, 2007 10:15 am

Yawallac,

Do you have a internet site where i can look at "Strut".

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Mon May 14, 2007 10:42 am

Tommy doesn't have a web site. I followed Strut's amazing accomplishments this season through the American Field, online reports and from folks that saw him run. I asked Tommy about an Internet presense and he said that he keeps all the pups he breeds so there wasn't any need for one. If Tommy wins another National Championship at Ames (which I believe he probably will), the dog will be bred a ton. I wanted to get to him while he still has a sperm count! :D

Pryor Creek Okie

Post by Pryor Creek Okie » Mon May 14, 2007 1:10 pm

Yawallac, I didn't realize that Strut was a Rock Acre dog. Those are gonna be some awesome pups!

cgbirddogs

Post by cgbirddogs » Fri May 18, 2007 9:44 am

Rock Acre Blackhawk is one incredible producer. I spoke with his owner at SunnyHill Plantation, and he says he has winners out of just about every line of Pointer. Most folks know of the Blackhawk to Elhew Katie Lee offspring (Masterhawk, Westfall's Black Ice, etc.), but there are many other winners outside of Elhew crosses including Strut. I'm definitely going to breed to Blackhawk before the summer is over. In the process of acquiring a female just for that purpose. As amazing as Blackhawk has been as a producer, he's just one in a long line of producing males (and females) from Pee Wee Cole's Rock Acre line of dogs which go back to legendary Texas dogs such as Cole's Browntown Express and Cole's Texas Gus. You can talk about Wehle and Miller all you want, but you have to include Pee Wee Cole in that conversation when you talk about guys making contributions to the Pointer world.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Fri May 18, 2007 11:57 am

I have a friend with a litter of Blackhawk pups. They were whelped last week. The dam is a direct daughter of NAT CH Shadows Attitute ex. NAT CH Nates Hot Pepper x Smiths Rude Gal. THis is a blue hen line. Gal produced 2 NAT CH