Has anyone used Craig's list to obtain a dog?

Theresa

Has anyone used Craig's list to obtain a dog?

Post by Theresa » Mon May 14, 2007 11:41 am

I found the PERFECT hunting home for my lurcher via Craig's list. They don't let anyone sell dogs, but you can rehome them for a small fee - in my case I charged the gas money to deliver my boy to his new master.

I also found some used crates of a particular size that I had been looking for, got them for the price I wanted; seems like a good resource.

I have seen many, many hunting dog ads there also. Some folks keep trying to sell their Brittany for $500.00; they want to get the money they put into the trainer out of their rehoming fee -their ad gets complaints and is always pulled because its against the rules to sell dogs, ie if they charged $50.00 they could advertise there, but they want $500.00 -ie not a small rehoming fee.

The point being - has anyone else purused this list? Has anyone gotten a GOOD dog from a source like this?

I still am waiting it out - resisting pointer pups and waiting until the right time.. until I have TIME .. to get a nice V.

DoubleB20

Post by DoubleB20 » Mon May 14, 2007 12:41 pm

I got my Lab, papers and all from a gal that had him in an apartment (for Free). Come to find out, he was from a good breeder with excellent Labs - go figure. Dallas Craigslist - it's a crap shoot at best, but sometimes you can get lucky!

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Mon May 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Theresa,

Get that Pointer pup! You're killing me!! :D

Pryor Creek Okie

Post by Pryor Creek Okie » Mon May 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Yawallac wrote:Theresa,

Get that Pointer pup! You're killing me!! :D
DITTO!

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:07 pm

I'd look at Craig's List much like the classifieds - you MIGHT find a good dog there, but be "bleep" careful and ask a LOT of questions.

When are you looking at getting a V?

Theresa

Yeah...

Post by Theresa » Mon May 14, 2007 3:13 pm

I am not looking to get a V for at least a year - perhaps 2. But seeing all those dogs on the list - I had to wonder if, like my dog that I placed, if a few were good ones. Its nice to know that there are a few win/win cases!