Post by lonestarguide » Fri May 25, 2007 10:01 pm

An 11 year old boy kills a 1051 pound hog. Here is the link to the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/25/monste ... index.html

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:06 pm

What in the world do they eat to get that big!!?? :!: :?:

lonestarguide

Post by lonestarguide » Fri May 25, 2007 10:08 pm

Better yet....how do they walk over to it? And we just thought everything in Texas was bigger!

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Fri May 25, 2007 10:16 pm

Not me. I would be up on top of that backhoe.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:51 pm

I question thaty story after looking at the picture. First time I ever saw a hog's head that was bigger than an 11 yr old boy. That looks exactly like the other Hogzilla that was shot a few years back.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

griffgirl

Post by griffgirl » Mon May 28, 2007 4:43 am

If you look at the tree behind the boy it looks like some one added the pig and the boy to the picture.Something isnt right about the whole thing....

Danro

Post by Danro » Mon May 28, 2007 12:35 pm

[quote="gwgdog66"]What in the world do they eat to get that big!!?? :!: :?:[/quote]

They'll eat anything that has any calorie value. Absolutely anything.
"They asked, and He brought quail...."
Psalm 105:40

Theresa

I can't believe it...

Post by Theresa » Tue May 29, 2007 9:15 am

Hogzilla record surpassed - nope, I can't accept it...

(And dayam, talk about one heck of a party! Bring on the BBQ! )

SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:55 am

Turns out the pig was farm raised and released for the hunt.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:42 am

Well the source is pretty reputable. Unlike the hogzilla story, which was just a picture of a hog being lifted by a backhoe, this one is linked on CNN and is an AP story. In the story they claim to still have the hog. Heck, they eve say that it's head is at the taxidermist! I don't think those bits of information would get reported unless they were confirmed.
SeventhSon wrote:Turns out the pig was farm raised and released for the hunt.
I'm not saying this isn't true, but where's the story on that? Is there a link, or was it just broadcast on television, or is it just hearsay, etc?
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:51 am

Here it is on CNN. It was also on some broadcast news stations late last week. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/02/monste ... index.html

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:44 pm

That's too bad. Not only does the story lose its mystique, but I can't say as I like the idea of "hunting" a virtually tame hog within fenced-in acreage. To each their own, though.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:07 pm

Oops sorry Ayres I didn't see your response or I would have given you the link.
It also looks like a lot of folks feel that the picture has been doctored up to make the pig seem bigger than it actually is (still huge by any standards!). Here is a website that goes through the photoshop theory.
http://66.226.75.96/pig/
I didn't have enough time to read the whole thing so I cannot imagine how this person had enough time to write it!

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:09 pm

This is the kind of crap that gives all hunters a bad name, it was now determined that the hog was not really feral but was farm raised and fed. I knew as soon as a I saw it that it was more to the story than what was being said. Life on a feral hog is way to tough for them to reach that kind of weight.

Another thing they should have not ever let this kid be on TV, he stated for the interview that he shot at the hog I think 16 times? with 8 or 9 confirmed hits? and chased him for three hours. That is just the kind of ammo the AR freaks need.

A little kid shooting a gun that is to big for him, whose dad buys him a huge hog so he can kill a giant. Makes me want to puke.

hjackson

Post by hjackson » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:21 am

I'm glad I am not the only one that feels that way.
We watched the news report on it and the hog was farm raised and released in a fence area - to me that is not hunting.
BTW my daughter raises hogs for 4-h - at 5 months old they weigh between 210 - 280lbs of course there are some heavy weights over 300lbs at fair time.
ACooper wrote:This is the kind of crap that gives all hunters a bad name, it was now determined that the hog was not really feral but was farm raised and fed. I knew as soon as a I saw it that it was more to the story than what was being said. Life on a feral hog is way to tough for them to reach that kind of weight.

Another thing they should have not ever let this kid be on TV, he stated for the interview that he shot at the hog I think 16 times? with 8 or 9 confirmed hits? and chased him for three hours. That is just the kind of ammo the AR freaks need.

A little kid shooting a gun that is to big for him, whose dad buys him a huge hog so he can kill a giant. Makes me want to puke.

Theresa

Canned hunt?

Post by Theresa » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:48 am

Canned hunt after all?

Geez....

HERE is the real deal..... this is much better than store bought canned pork - JMHO!

http://www.huntingfootage.com/data/513/ ... oy_Net.wmv
Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog.