Utah forum members

Dirtysteve

Utah forum members

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:08 pm

As you know the DWR shut down the Utah forums over a complaint made to the humane society about some people abusing dogs. This was a load of BS but the DWR bowed down to the Anti's and shut down the board.
I hope we can continue talking and sharing info here.
Grant has a very nice site and I hope everybody will migrate over.
I will continue to post info on our hunt test and trials.
If any of you sent me your names in the last 2 days concerning our hunt test please pm me here with the info again.
Thank you
Brandon

RuttCrazed

Post by RuttCrazed » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Yeah, what a joke! I can't believe they caved due to a mis-understanding about how someone was correcting a dog!

Oh well, there are just as many nice folks over here!

Rut

BAM

Post by BAM » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:51 pm

That stinks I really enjoyed the site and learned alot from some of the contributers.

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:00 pm

Hang in there guys. The anti's won this time. I am dissapointed that the chief of the DWR would cave in to an anti hunting group so easily. It wasn't the only issue, but it was the straw that broke the camels back. Cory really went to bat for us. But lost out.

This has always been a great forum. I'm sure Grant will enjoy the extra traffic for a while. There's a few of us working on another local private forum away from government control :) Hopefully we'll have details within the next few days.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:09 pm

What a Joke, this makes me sick...I think it is the withdrawals setting in :wink:
I suggest we all "get Western" on the DWR (can I say that or will I get litigated? :roll: )
No really, if you want something done, go to the top. I propose we all "contact" the Wildlife Board members and the director of DWR and let them know how displeased we are with this. From experience, the guys at the top hate it when little peons like us flood their inboxs with complaints about how they need to do a better job....Just to get the emails to stop, they'll do something. Worth a try, here's their contact info and emails. http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/public_mee ... embers.php
This looks like a good Forum, not as broad of topics as I'd like, and not as specialized to Utah as I'd prefer.
12 Volt, let me know about the local thing if it works out, thanks.

Addict

Post by Addict » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:16 pm

I can't believe they caved either. Does anyone have the thread that got us shut down?

12volt, let me know if you guys get something up and running.

Addict

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:37 pm

You know, I was always really fond of the "Where is it..." post that Loke started, so in memory of it,
"What was it?"
Yeah, I was online trying to figure out what was happening when the site went offline, this page is still open on my desktop, I just can't get myself to close it, because once I do, its gone :cry:

They just updated their copout.
http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/forums/
Last edited by Ironman on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:46 pm

Better wallpaper that !
I hope everybody had a chance to see we were moving here before the shut down

NA

Post by NA » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:48 pm

12 Volt, I would be intersted in the private site you mentioned. I am disappointed the site is gone. I like having sources like these to learn from and when I have a dog ready for NSTRA, I would like to still be able to know when events in Utah are going to be ran.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:07 pm

12 volt, check with this site http://www.utahdogs.com/index.php?board=20.0. It is Utah Dog specific and is apparently open for the taking as nobody has ever posted there yet. The website isn't real hard core hunter oriented, in fact it looks kind of "fluffy" to me. But maybe we can take this little corner forum and make it our own. If you want me to contact them I will, I just don't want to go in this direction if you all are headed in another.

Dirtysteve, I don't know if too many saw your post to come here, as you can see in my picture only 36 had seen it by 12:30 and the site went down at 1:00.

EDIT
Oh, wait, 12:30 is when you posted it. I was viewing this page a few minutes before 1:00, so I'd guess that not many more than 36 in all saw to come here.
Last edited by Ironman on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:23 pm

Opps, check that.
Here's a quote from the 1st line the registration agreement on Utah Dogs...
"YOU AGREE to not insult, flame, injure, harm, or even hint about the possible harm to an animal on these forums."
1- we're killing birds, and 2-we're training specialized animals to help us do the killing (which sometimes calls for a "hint" of possible harm).
Oh well. :?

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:31 pm

Travis has his site up and running
Can I link to his site without getting in trouble?
If I'm not supposed to I apologize and I will delete it
http://bullockoutdoors.freeforums.org/index.php

Western Charm

Post by Western Charm » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Hey Guys:

Man I am glad I found you. I just logged on this afternoon and saw the bad news. What a sad statement. I just thought I would check in here and see if any of you came over here to post up. If something new pops up somebody please let me know.

Sad day gentlemen.

Robb

seniorsetterguy

Post by seniorsetterguy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi guys,

I made it over too (previously mtnvalleysetters). I know of a couple of others who are attempting to set up another forum for us mountain west folks. We probably should coordinate.

I'll miss the forum. +1 on the sad part.

Rob

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:46 pm

We are working on a private forum which should have the same topics with a few modifications. I'll post more when I know more. It won't be a dog specific forum. More like what we had.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:56 pm

12 Volt
It looks like that is exactly what Travis has up and running! Take a look, no need to duplicate and spread us out too thin!

seniorsetterguy

Post by seniorsetterguy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:11 pm

It looks like the link you gave is dog specific. I know many of us also followed other fishing and hunting stuff. Will bird hunting be a part of Travis' site?

Never mind the above questions. I clicked on the right link this time. Travis' site looks like it will be just what we're looking for.

Willie Hunter

Post by Willie Hunter » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:37 pm

Well on the positive side it should bring some good people to this site.
Willie Hunter

Razor

Post by Razor » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Utah boys do not leave. Some of the top people in this country filter in and out of here. This is a great site, people are great and very helpful.

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:58 pm

Of all the fellas that are on here, you Utah guys sure do a a good bit of info and flavor to the site. I really like this buch as we have few if any guys that are just trying to start a problem or say something that is not called for.

Pepper

Hope I get to come out and judge there one of these days. Just need to get my knee to where I can ride well on the wild broncos you guys have.
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:33 pm

I like this forum. Grant has done a great job. I don't post here as much as I used to and should.... and will. Thanks for making a refuge spot for us. I have set up a local Utah bird dog forum that we can use for the time being. If it catches on we'll keep it going. Still messing with stuff, but here it is.

http://utahbirddogs.freeforums.org/index.php

Tomorrow www.utahbirddogs.com should work.

Chris

Post by Chris » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 am

I am having a hard time liking bullocks site, to many forums. I get bored with it quick, and only look at one or two things, then Im gone. I dont post here much, but I really like this site. There are a bunch of GSP owners here, so you know they are good people!

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:40 pm

Art Cox's lady dog Ivy won the OLGD andf I understand that finished her FC.

Congrats to Art and Ivy.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Razor

Post by Razor » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:01 am

Yes Ivy is Utah's newest FC. Shis a very nice dog out of two National Champions. Congrat Art and Ivy.