2 new vest.

tfbirddog2

2 new vest.

Post by tfbirddog2 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:23 pm

I just purchased 2 new vest recently to for guiding/hunting this year first was the Pella "Bird-N-Lite" Vest was exrtremly impressed with it I had 21 pheasants in it Sunday morning and was very comfortable.I would highly recommend it well worth the money.And we are selling a vest at the lodge made by I think Bucky Bag its called a "Chuckar Strap Vest". It will hold plenty of pheasants and quail come with a Hydration pack too.I was very happy with my new purchases for this year, the best part about the 2 vest are the belts stictched into them to keep the weight on your hips and chest clips to keep it from chokeing you.Does anyone else have these products or be using them too.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:48 pm

I use a MOTHER but i like the looks and design of the Bird N Lite...just maybe i might have to try one now. Thanks for the review.

One question, was it easy to load the birds into your Bird N Lite ? On my MOTHER i have to almost take the vest all the way off as it does not have front loading.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:25 am

How in the world did you cram 21 pheasant into a vest?
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:10 am

That is never a problem here. :cry:

briguyz71

Post by briguyz71 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:35 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:How in the world did you cram 21 pheasant into a vest?
With a smile on his face :lol: Sounds like you had a blast!

whitedogone

Post by whitedogone » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:10 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:How in the world did you cram 21 pheasant into a vest?
xplain that one to the Warden :o

tfbirddog2

new vests

Post by tfbirddog2 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:46 pm

It was very easy to load that many birds in and could of got a few more in too.The front load is nice too. NE Vizsla I have Mothers too, not bad can only hold about 9 to 10 pheasants or 32 to 40 quail at a time thought not bad for me just hunting.And your right I did have a smile.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

jwenorthpark

wait a minute....

Post by jwenorthpark » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:33 pm

how in the heck do you actually LEGALLY get 21 phez in a vest? is this private land or something? i mean, wowsers....

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:31 am

I don't know how you're loading all those bird's in those vests. I also have a Mother's vest and it only holds maybe 4 birds securely. The rest fall out. That also a heck of a lot of weight to be carrying while you're hunting. 21 birds would be at least 40 pounds of birds. Don't think I'd care to carry that much weight around the field. I assume you must be preserve hunting if you're carrying that number of birds.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

markerdown

Post by markerdown » Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:26 am

Any more details on the chuckar strap vest? ..............markerdown
Live simply Love generously.
Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Hug your GSP often
Leave the rest to God.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:06 am

I too, do not understand about 21 birds in a vest. Wild cocks will average 3 lbs at least and pen raised a lb more probably. Thats awfully near 70 lbs you would be carrying.

I dont think I am qualified to comment on these vest posts though as my first one lasted about 50 years and I am now on the third year of my second one. Its Blaze Orange, front loading, has pockets for a leash, shells, gloves, and a water bottle and anything else I want to carry. Covers my needs anyway.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:22 am

I've got the Bagmaker Owhyee Chukar Vest, very similar to the Bucks Bags chukar vest referenced in the initial post. (at one point in their development they were identical) I easily hauled 3 chukars and a 50lb. dog in my vest once when my dog broke his femur and had to be packed out FWIW. The game bags are pretty big and easy to access. We've discussed them before in the Hunting forum.

markerdown

Post by markerdown » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:35 pm

DG : How did you manage to pack your dog out with your vest? Wow, that may qualify you for one of those "That Happened to Me" true life outdoor experiences....................markerdown
Live simply Love generously.
Care deeply, Speak kindly.
Hug your GSP often
Leave the rest to God.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:00 pm

I took the vest off and opened up the bird compartment by releasing the velcro top opening. Laid it open on the ground, verrreeeee carefully picked Stitchy up with my buddy stabilizing his completely floppy back leg and set him in the bottom of the bird compartment then velcro'd it closed. I then picked the vest up backwards so the dog was in front with his head sticking out the bird compartment, put my arms through the shoulder straps backwards then had my buddy tighten and buckle the lumbar belt support in the back. (simply put, i put the vest on backwards) Then walked out about two hours just like that worried to death the whole time the leg was the least of his problems - worried more about ruptured spleen/liver/thoracic trauma/death...just broke femur/pelvis & a vertebrae. He's been a pretty good boy despite his fall and injuries and I still use the vest for what it was intended when I can actually hit something!! :)

tfbirddog2

2 vest

Post by tfbirddog2 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:24 am

Yes, I guide at a preserve.I also am 6'2" and 260 lbs. I've been refered to as a big boy, hauling things around is nothing new.As for the Chuckar vest you could haul a dog like DGF said very easy like I said tons of room, and nice big compartments. I would say you can get a box and a half of shells in each pocket too.What would like to know marker.