Everything Dog

Forum rules
1) All SUBMIT YOUR SITE submissions must be related to topics of hunting, hunting dogs (and field trial horses), game animals/birds, hunting dog competitions, or related services, equipment, supplies, etc.

2) You must be the owner or authorized agent of the website that you're submitting for listing
kerplunk105

Everything Dog

Post by kerplunk105 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm

I had some free time at work today.

Its still very much a work in progress Check it out! Its very geared towards the household pet :oops:

http://everythingdog.forumotion.net/
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

DrahthaaRunner

Re: Everything Dog

Post by DrahthaaRunner » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Wow, that is quite the sight for only having some free time at work. I hope it goes well for you it appears it should.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Thats pretty neat. Is there going to be a hunting forum added? I have always thought that this forum should add a separate section for retrievers and retriever people. I have seen a few post on here and they never get much response to their postings and if they do they are from the perspective of pointing dog people.

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:47 pm

I can add whatever the members want. I added just ones that I thought would be popular for now. :lol:
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 pm

In its early stages back in 2004, GDF actually had separate sub-forums for each breed of gun dog. Then those were reduced down to pointing, retrieving and flushing. Finally, the "dog-type" sub-forums were axed completely, as most people just congregated to the General section anyway, and the belief of the members at the time was that when dealing with gun dogs there are not enough differences to warrant breed- or type-specific sub-forums. People with pointing breeds could learn from people with retrieving breeds, and flushing breeds, and vise-versa. The benefits of a specialty sub-forum were outweighed by the ultimate fracturing of the membership posts.

Out of that, other sub-forums have since been added that were needed, such as a separate training forum, a health & nutrition forum, and a special place to post dogs and items for sale. All of these sub-forums are used by people who own any type of gun dog.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 pm

I didn't mean anything derogatory towards the forum. It just seems that many of the people who post on here needing help with retrieving breeds like labs and springers and goldens do not get quite the attention or the number of responses as do the people needing help with pointing breeds. I am saying this from an unbiased point of view because I have only pointing breeds myself but just by reading many of the posts by retriever people this is what I have witnessed.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 pm

I didn't take any offense. I was simply providing some history of GDF and what has worked for the forum over the years. It's true that there are a great number more of the pointing breed owners represented than the retrievers and flushers combined. That isn't by design, just by happenstance.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux