I am new

Forum rules
1) All SUBMIT YOUR SITE submissions must be related to topics of hunting, hunting dogs (and field trial horses), game animals/birds, hunting dog competitions, or related services, equipment, supplies, etc.

2) You must be the owner or authorized agent of the website that you're submitting for listing
Ladeeraven

I am new

Post by Ladeeraven » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:15 pm

And I don't exactly know what breeds are considered Gun Dogs. We have a Bluetick coonhound that my husband uses to hunt small game and game birds. I created a calendar for coonhounds because there wasn't one before. I am always on the hunt for Coonhound photos. Please tell me if I am likey to get any photos here or if I have choosen the wrong place.

Thank you for your time. Visit my websites http://www.coonhoundcalendar.com
I am professional artist and may be helpful with ads
http://www.ravengraphix.com

Casper

Post by Casper » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:07 pm

Regardles of the breed a dog that hunts is a good one.

Although most of us have pointing dogs I am sure that you could enlighten us in some of the training, health & nutrition, breeding, and the like of your dog(s). Than again there is always just the general chat and if you like to talk dogs that is the place to do it.

Welcome I think you can find a place for you here :wink:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:41 am

Moving this to the website section

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:07 am

Welcome to the site! I don't have coonhounds myself but a friend down the road comes up frequently and I've gone out with his a dogs a few time. GREAT FUN! My young son is waiting til I let him go out all night to try it ;)

Post some of your dog pics if you got em. We'd love to see them.

sandhill

Post by sandhill » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:57 pm

This lady puts together a great calendar maybe if everyone would send her pics. of there dogs she would make a GUNDOG calendar.
Just a thought !!!!

Ladeeraven

Post by Ladeeraven » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:52 pm

Thank You Sandhill. I am pretty proud of it. I would consider another calendar if there was enough interest. The coonhound calendar is a labor of love. I really don't make any money on it.

My boy is March on both ther 2005 and 2006 calendar.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:42 am

yep, have to agree... NICE calendar.

Nice bluetick boy!
I went out to take pictures on one of the hunts once, it was challenging. Dark and had trouble with proper exposure. But you gotta love the sound!!! While I was struggling with my camera I was thinking how I really should be making an audio recording :wink: Sends chills up my spine :)

Laurie

Ladeeraven

Post by Ladeeraven » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:27 pm

:lol: It is an amazing sound! Raven has a deep loud bawl mouth. The kids in the neighborhood love it and him. They call it his Yowelly song. He sings when happy and he loves the kids so he gets pretty loud. Thankfully as good a hunter as he is he is the most gentle with the kids. He is a Big Bluetick at 100 pounds. But get him near a kid and he is a 100 pound mass of wiggly puppy. Smart as a whip too.

I am a city girl and never spent time with hounds, I grew up with German Shepard's. I was under the misconception hounds were lazy and not too bright. Boy was I wrong. Raven is Scary smart and very athletic. A little lazy in the heat of a hot summer day but let the evening cool off an he is off and running.

mountaindogs what type of dog(s) do you have?

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:30 pm

I have german shorthairs, 1 lab and 1 small four legged vaccuum cleaner otherwise known as a sheltland sheepdog. Great for kids really. Never have to sweep under the highchair. :lol:

One of my gsp's howls at night when he's lonely. He has longish ears and I affectionatly call him my "houn'dog"
Our female gsp bayed a rabbit once. FUNNY. My husband guides and for the most part calls her off rabbits which she rarely runs anymore, but this one jumped out right in front of her and she broke out in a short couple of yaps and a longer bay and took off. He said he took longer to call her off because he was too busy laughing, but she came right back to the bird hunting as always... :wink:

____

Laurie

Ladeeraven

Post by Ladeeraven » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:35 pm

Laurie I would love to see a picture of your dogs. Please Post for me.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:38 pm

On the "scary smart" I know how that is!!

We once had a gsp with us that could open her gait, then would go around and open all the other gaits too! I heard a racket, went outside and all the dogs were out! The next day I clipped her gait shut and another dog opened his gait. Apparently he learned the trick. Yet the next day a different dog had figured it out and now I have to clip alot of cages! :roll:
Mercy!

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:41 pm

<=== that one on the avatar is Katie. I'll try take some photos of the others and post them soon. :)

Ladeeraven

Post by Ladeeraven » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:44 pm

Raven doesn't stir when we go to work on our regular schedule but on a Saturday I usually get up, throw on old clothes and do house work, when I'm finished I shower... well Raven watches me like a hawk, If I put makeup on he gets all excited cause he knows we are going out and he loves the truck. He will sing long and loud! LOL. If I don't put on makeup he knows we aren't going out. Momma don't go anyplace without her face on. :roll: :wink: