A good day for Cherrystone Weimaraners!

CherrystoneWeims

A good day for Cherrystone Weimaraners!

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 am

Yesterday was a really good day for my pups.

It all started with a call from Diane Vater. Scarlett won Open Derby at the MIchigan Weimaraner FT so that gives her another point toward her championship. So far Scarlett has placed every weekend that Diane has run her.

Then I got a call from Kory. He posts on the board here and has Scarlett's brother, Major. Major placed 3rd in Open Puppy at the trial held in TX by the Trinity Valley Weim Club. The stake was open to all breeds. This was Kory and Major's first trial. :D :D :D

I'm so pleased with this litter!!! These pups are doing well in both the field AND the showring! Hopefully the repeat breeding that was born on Monday will do just as well.
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

Crystal kennels

Re: A good day for Cherrystone Weimaraners!

Post by Crystal kennels » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:42 am

Yay Pam! Very nice and congratulations!

Judy
German Shorthaired pointers proven on wild birds and in competition

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Great news Pam! Sounds like you got the "field" back in the Weims!!!
brenda

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Thats great pam!!! :D

Kory

Post by Kory » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Actually it was the San Antonio Weimaraner Club that hosted the trial.

It was a great weekend. Our first run was in Amateur Walking Derby and we were braced with a Vizsla and she shot off the line like a rocket and that got Major’s competitive juices flowing and he followed. Unfortunately by then the temp was creeping toward 90 deg and we had the wind at our back for most of the course and we went bird less as did most of the derby dogs.

In our second run in Open Puppy it was later in the day and it had cooled down a bit and they started running the course backwards to take advantage of the wind. What a difference that made. I was a little worried when we started as my calf began to start cramping (guess I spent too much time between braces on my butt BS’n) but just shortly after I here the judge say point and sure enough as soon as I round the a large mesquite tree and see Major off always on point He held for a good while but broke just before I got there and flushed. He went on to have 5 more finds in the 15 min brace and held every one until I flushed which almost brought a tear to my eye I was so proud. We placed 3rd and one of the judges commented that Major may have had the most finds in any brace.

Oh I almost forgot the other excitement as I was off to one side out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the judges horses kind of jump back and the heard the old familiar buzz of old mister rattler. Luckily both dogs and handlers were out a ways and the horse didn’t get hit and we were both able to collar our dogs and avoid the area. The judge got off his horse to try to kill it but it found a hole to crawl into.

What a great weekend spent with some great folks.

Kory

P.S. I am trying to get my camera to cooperate so I can post a few pics.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 am

Well Pam...a job well done in getting your pups placed in excellent homes and CONGRATS to the Puppy Owners who are making things happen so far!!! Way to go Kory!!! Bet you are kind of HOOKED now aren't ya? :twisted:

Kory

Post by Kory » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:42 am

I knew that I would get hooked but more important the wife seemed to have a good time so hopefully she has taken the bait and in a few more I can set that hook. That always helps to get the funds when we are both hooked on something.

Kory

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:21 am

Congratulations on a great weekend!! :D
Kory...I wish I could at least get my wife to follow the lure!! What funds could be available to me if she would only bite! LOL I guess I need to keep trying, but I almost think that she is afraid if she does go, she will get hooked. Later
Bill L.

CherrystoneWeims

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:28 am

LOL It's always nice when a puppy buyer gets a nice pup and is hooked on doing things with the pup!

BTW I talked to Diane again and Scarlett placed second in Puppy. She said that it was probably one of the nicest braces of the day. She was braced with the winner (Caprock's Dirty Trick) who is owned by friends of mine. Diane said that the judges had a hard time deciding which dog to give first and second to!
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

Kory

Post by Kory » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:01 pm

Here are the pics finally

Kory