Lil Brag on a Pup, lil bigger brag on his Litter

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Lil Brag on a Pup, lil bigger brag on his Litter

Post by AHGSP » Sun May 31, 2009 10:55 am

Just a very small brag on a pup and a bit bigger brag on his litter/littermates.

I ran Groove, "Fast Himmels New Groove" in the Open Derby yesterday in Polk, PA at the PA Brittany Club Grounds in the Oak Ridge Pointing Dog Club Trial to a 4th placement in only his 2nd Trial at 13 months old against older 18-24 month old pups. He ran at that point in the evening where the wind was changing and pulling the moisture up for GREAT scenting conditions and managed 11 finds, pointing with GREAT style, while still being able to show a good run, staying on the edges where he could, while still hitting all of the objectives in the center of the course in the back field. Anyone that knows this course will know what I'm talking about. It can be kinda tight to get around with a bigger running dog, particularly a rank young pup that has a good set of wheels.
Groove came out of a breeding I arranged with Rick and Brenda(Walnut Hills Kennels) between DC AFC Gamble's Odyssey Fritz MH UT2 and Bella, "Bird Belladonna VD Himmel JH", a female I whelped 4 years ago now owned by Rick and Jill Heare, whom are the Breeders of Record on this Litter.

The bigger brag for me in this is, this is the 4th pup from that litter that has placed in Trials at such a young age. They are showing all of the traits and potential I had hoped for when I suggested and arranged this breeding for Rick and Jill.

Littermate sister Fritter, "Slate Rock Bella-Fritz's Fritter" owned by Rick and Jill Heare; placed 3rd in the Open Derby at the April 10th-12th GSP Club of Ohio Trial on the same PA Brit grounds handled by Joe Orndorff on her 1st Birthday in what I believe may have only been her 2nd Trial run. Hopefully Joe can clarify this for me.

Littermates sister and brother Mae, "Miller's Mischievous Maebyn VD Himmel JH" owned by Doug and Heather Miller and Fin, Finley's Palmetto Promise VD Himmel owned by Jordan LaSeta, at 8 months old had earned there NAVHDA NA's, and at 10 months Mae finished her Junior Title and then in the same weekend she finished her JH, she won a 1st at Echoes Plantation in an AF ?? Stake and Fin took a 3rd in that same stake in their very 1st Trial runs.

Not to be left out, but not under any Judgement other than the eyes of his owner Adam Benson and his friends while hunting Sharptails, Chickens and Pheasants in South Dakota this year; Cash, "Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck" at 5 months old had his 1st Sharptails and Chickens shot over him and through the course of the season last year in SD on Sharptails, Chickens and Pheasants had 70 birds shot over his points by the time he was 10 months old. Now that is getting it done!

As a Breeder, when we research, plan and set goals for a breeding, these are the kinds of results we are hoping for. To say I'm tickled with the results thus far on this breeding, would be an understatement!
Last edited by AHGSP on Sun May 31, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Lil Brag on a Pup, lil bigger brag on his Litter

Post by snips » Sun May 31, 2009 11:02 am

Congratulations Bruce! Good litter:)
brenda

southernblues

Post by southernblues » Sun May 31, 2009 12:43 pm

Congrats! Any pics from the pups or trials?

Crystal kennels

Post by Crystal kennels » Sun May 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Way to go Bruce! You must be very proud! :D

Judy
German Shorthaired pointers proven on wild birds and in competition

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Sun May 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks goes to you Bruce. These pups are everything we could have wanted. Your help with training and advice is what made them progress like they have. You had the info right on the trial it was an AF puppy stake that we ran with the UBH group here in SC. We are looking forward to the trip to SD this fall and then starting to run the pups in more trials once they finish up with you.

Southernblues here is a link to a post my wife put up with pictures after the hunt test and trial weekend. We have hundreds more.

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 79&t=17046

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:29 pm

Bruce really did an awesome job on this litter... the pups are great and are certainly turning out the way we all hoped they would - very birdy, learning fast and absolutely beautiful!

Maebyn is our pup and we just love her to pieces! She is my first foray into the "hunting dog" world and so far I love it! (My husband may or may not love it though, as he's now lost one shotgun to me and can no longer go hunting on his own) :D

She's already had two trips to "camp" with Bruce and he's done some great work on she and her brother Fin... the true test for all will be our trip to SD in September!

We owe a ton of gratitude to Bruce - for one, we have an awesome dog, who loves to hunt, but is equally as happy napping on the couch with us and two, he puts up with my incessant phone calls and emails about all things dog related and sometimes just to chat!

Here's a link to one of my previous posts with pics of the pups from their second trip to "camp."
http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 92#p165492
Miller's Mischievous Maebyn VDHimmel JH

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanx Kindly folks!
Yep Brenda, good litter indeed! :D 8)
I'm tickled Judy and from what I'm seeing as they mature, I believe they are just going to keep getting better!

HUGE thanx goes to the owners for giving these pups the opportunities they have!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

HMiller

Post by HMiller » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm

Opportunities like this Bruce?? :D

This is what Miss Maebyn does when we get up for work in the morning...
Miller's Mischievous Maebyn VDHimmel JH

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 am

Hi Bruce,

I believe but cannot clarify for certain that "Fritter" has 2-3 derby placements, a puppy placement and possibly one of those derby placements I may be mistaken for a broke dog placement at the South Georgia GSP club. Take care, Joe.
Dear Lord, Please make me the kind of person my dogs think I am.

http://www.allnkennels.com

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:33 am

Congrats!! Nice photo also.
Bill L.