New MH

snips
GDF Junkie

New MH

Post by snips » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:11 pm

Rick is on his way home from Tx with a new MH. He spent 1 wk guiding a hunt, and 1 week hunt testing to finish up the MH title. Gambles Odyssey Fritz is now the only dog to be a 3xNSTRA Ch, FC, MH. He is going back to Lara this week to work on the show points. Good luck guys. On a lesser note my Snips Snappin Sally SH took 1st at a NSTRA Trial this weekend, and she made the top 16 in last weeks Quail Forever Trial out of 128 dogs. She will be bred to Fritz this spring.
brenda

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:55 pm

Big CONGRATS Brenda, Rick and Fritz! Awesome accomplishment! And before Greg says it....

GO FRITZ!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Chaingang

Post by Chaingang » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:22 pm

He's turning out to be quite the dog with those credentials. Congrats !!

Fieldmaster

Post by Fieldmaster » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:31 pm

Brenda and Rick,
Congrats!!! He has really proven to be a special dog. Best of luck on finishing his Dual. Congrats on your win with Sally and making the top 16 that is a great accomplishment as well.

Robert
Fieldmaster's Shorthairs
"Selective Breeding at it's Finest"

Selectively Breeding Outstanding
Dual Quality Shorthairs

http://www.fieldmastersshorthairs.com/

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:42 pm

Way to go Brenda and Rick. All of your hard work is showing .

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

billy

Post by billy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am

Way to GO! Rick & Fritz team. Congratulations on your new Master Hunter. It was an excellent opportunity to run Master Braces with you in Wahalla, Jackson.

Best Wishes on your pursuit of owning A Dual Champion Title.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 am

In all the excitement I forgot to add Rick putting 3 Sr legs on Rikka out there. He was VERY complimentary of their tests and fields judges, ect. It is always nice to go other places and meet new people while testing. Thanks for the support.
brenda

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:53 am

Brenda That is soooo AWESOME...
Just really go to show it is about the training as to what a dog can really accomplish and Fritz is Proof of that and get that DC just shows he can be a goodlooking dog to top it off

So whats next with him after the DC .......NAVDHA?
Obedience agilty....
Sounds like Fritz could do it all ...your gonna have more titles on that dog then there is dog lol

thank you Brenda and Rick for really showing what breeding and training can do for a dog ...to bad it is so hard to try and do it all so more people can do that....But again It shows it can be done

A sign of a good dog is one that will excel at what ever the owners is happy at or able do...

GO FRITZ GO
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 am

Honestly Arlette, Rick just wants to go have fun with him now (after show). Run him in more NSTRA and hunt. He has held him off these while keeing him broke, but he is just 5 so he can continue NSTRA and competing, which is what Fritz likes BEST!!!
brenda

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:17 am

kninebirddog wrote: ...to bad it is so hard to try and do it all so more people can do that....But again It shows it can be done

GO FRITZ GO
That IS so very true! Last Spring through this past Fall; I ran Dalin, a Logan/Spice son, in Hunt Test, Shows and Field Trials and by the time hunting season came around I was ragged from running almost every single weekend through PA, OH, VA, WV and MD going from one event to the next!

I don't mean to sidetrack Brendas Brag, but it should be realized that it takes one he!! of a lot of work to do what Brenda and Rick have and are doing with Fritz and what all reputable Breeders do to prove their stock, let alone all of the Health Testing that goes into it!
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 am

Way to go FRITZ!!!!!!! and go Sally, too! Can't wait to see that litter... should be really really nice :)

And Rikka's almost done with SH. She's pretty young still isn't she?

THat's just exciting!! I love coming home from work and finding this kinda news!!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 am

Thanks Bruce. Ricks done the work on Fritz, I just do the Bragging. Fritz has come a long way from running around Atlanta being chased by Ricks son:):) Just goes to show how many great dogs might be out there in pet disguise. When people are complaining about overactive dogs driving them crazy, just think about this:) Good luck on Dalin, I adore his sister, shes very talented, just got her steady and WOW. Nice little girl.
brenda

Mo

Post by Mo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:24 am

Congratulations Rick and Fritz, 1st class dog and trainer...

Mo

pear

Post by pear » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:46 am

Good Job !!!
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Adam

Post by Adam » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:06 am

congrats!!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:47 am

GO FRITZ!!!

My Fritz pup, Gunner, goes back to his FT handler, Greg Dixon, this weekend to get prepared for the spring FT season. Hopefully, we can start to live up to the Fritz legacy this season.

Best regards,

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:30 pm

Congrats to Fritz!

I actually heard this first via telephone, then found the brag post.

How many more shows until he gets the DC?
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

Mary

Post by Mary » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Way to go Fritz. Glad I got to see him in action this spring.
Mary

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:09 pm

Who knows Steven, hopefully not many:) Greg, you got a new Brittney? Who is that on your post??
brenda

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:42 am

snips wrote:Greg, you got a new Brittney? Who is that on your post??
I was helping Bobby get his signature right. For some reason it has been misbehaving. It's back to normal now.

Now, you know I think a good dog is a good dog, but you also know that I think that I've found my good dog. Time will tell.

Best,

GSP4ME

Post by GSP4ME » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:44 am

Way to go Rick and Fritz!!!! and Rikka too!

Good luck in finishing up the DC.

Maggie is sure proud of her daddy :D

SharpMtn

Post by SharpMtn » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:39 pm

WOO HOOO!!! I am SO proud of Fritz & Rick!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Now he is ALL mine for the ring!! Fingers are crossed that we can wrap this DC up quick!!! :D He got his beauty overhaul last night....now back to training (reminding!) him he is showing again! :lol:

Lara

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:18 pm

Heh, heh, heh. GO FRITZ!! Kick those foo-foo dogs' butts!

Best,

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:34 am

SharpMtn wrote:WOO HOOO!!! I am SO proud of Fritz & Rick!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Now he is ALL mine for the ring!! Fingers are crossed that we can wrap this DC up quick!!! :D He got his beauty overhaul last night....now back to training (reminding!) him he is showing again! :lol:

Lara
Lara,

Pix Puuullllleeeeaaaaassssseeee! This I gotta see!
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:47 am

Congrats to Rick Hopkins and his dog Fritz. In my opinion FRITZ is the best GSP. in the US. FRIEND SONNY
Last edited by Sonny Hawkins on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:56 am

There might be a few of us who, in a friendly spirit of competition, would contest that "best" thing. :lol:

But none who would not agree that is a very nice dog.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:03 pm

The BEST GSP in the US is the one laying at YOUR feet! :wink: In my case, that is several GSP's :D

Best breed? :P 8) Definately!
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:23 pm

The BEST GSP in the US is the one laying at YOUR feet!
That was what I was trying to gently suggest.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:47 pm

Wagonmaster wrote:
The BEST GSP in the US is the one laying at YOUR feet!
That was what I was trying to gently suggest.
I knew dat! :D You've said it too many times before! :lol:
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

Anaconda Pintler

Post by Anaconda Pintler » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:51 pm

Congradulations Rick and Brenda an the success, I will see you guys at the regionals won't I? I brought Stormy out of retirement to run her since I can't run AP with his condition. But it will be fun hope to see you there agin job well done.
Has nothing to do with luck just boot leather and a fine GWP...

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:18 pm

AHGSP wrote:
kninebirddog wrote: ...to bad it is so hard to try and do it all so more people can do that....But again It shows it can be done

GO FRITZ GO
That IS so very true! Last Spring through this past Fall; I ran Dalin, a Logan/Spice son, in Hunt Test, Shows and Field Trials and by the time hunting season came around I was ragged from running almost every single weekend through PA, OH, VA, WV and MD going from one event to the next!

I don't mean to sidetrack Brendas Brag, but it should be realized that it takes one he!! of a lot of work to do what Brenda and Rick have and are doing with Fritz and what all reputable Breeders do to prove their stock, let alone all of the Health Testing that goes into it!
I am still waiting to hear that Fritz finishes his dual title...

Then I can razz Rick for having a foo foo dog also

Actully I am excited for them on that also....That Fritz is a true contender has run against many great dogs to attain his titles that he has attained so far...Then again Rick and Brenda are very very good handlers also.

SO BRENDA..What has Fritz been doing? getting any closer to getting him back to running NSTRA
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:41 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sonny, we think he is a super great dog too!!!! But I know there is a vastly huge Shorthair world out there with MANY great dogs in it. We are glad to hve had he dogs we have....I have been to 2 Walking Trials last couple of weeks and it is a learning exp. My Wire, "Wilsons Famous Amos" has a 2nd and 4th in Open Puppy. The Fritz son I have been running is a bit of a wild card, but none the less exciting. He is 20 months and running OGD...I lost him in Fl and found him standing 20 min later. Lost him a bit too long yesterday but finally got with him for a great find. We will get it together :D Knine, Rick is running Fritz in the Regional next weekend...Time to have some fun.
brenda