Hey Bruce!

Show? or Field? :lol:

NBHA SC State Classic - February 03, 2007
Amateur Derby
2nd Place

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:43 pm

Its just too bad we have to ask that question as we all need to work towords both. She is a good looking gal.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 pm

Naw. Just good natured ribbing.

Those are very nice dogs Bruce has, show or field. We all know it.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Ezzy,

I think you misunderstood my post. I was poking fun at my girl. Bruce has beautiful dogs. My little girl obviously wouldn't have a chance in the breed ring. I have a lot of respect for breeders that breed for both conformation and field. Unfortunately it is too late for AF Pointers in the breed ring.

BTW, the breeding of my GSP is very similar to some of Bruce's dogs and I plan on breeding her to a nice FT stud. She's a dynamite little bird dog but you wouldn't know it by her pedigree. I just knew where to go (in the show world) to get what I wanted.

Anyway, congrats to Sarah! It was her very first FT! She is resting comfortably at my feet. :D

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:05 am

NBHA SC State Classic - February 03, 2007
Amateur Derby
2nd Place
Congrats!

Would you mind describing what the NBHA is and how the stakes operate? Are they foot stakes? Horseback? Do you shoot birds? I've always been curious how they work.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:07 am

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:19 pm

Thanks Doug,

It's a broke shooting dog class and the handlers are on foot, although many of the dogs do double duty on the horseback circuit as well. I'm going to run my derby in an AF horseback trial in a couple of weeks.

In the open shooting dog a single bird is shot for a retireve on the course. That was changed because of AF. They used to shoot all birds on the course. The braces are 30 min. It's a lot of fun and there are some very fine dogs in NBHA.

billy

Post by billy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:18 am

Congrats on the nice trophy! Let us know how the AF Trial went in a few weeks. All dogs look good with a bird in thier mouth?

Mo

Post by Mo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:15 am

Congratulations Ross, she looks great in the picture.. Have you decided which pointer you will use for a stud on your shorthair bitch... Just kidding, I could not help myself :lol:

Maurice

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:06 pm

Hey Maurice,

Since black GSPs are now so popular, I could get away with it! It's funny because when I got my first pointer back in the 80s, I made sure that it was black & white so that no one would accuse of doing just that! :D

Be sure to let me know when your trial is. I'm running an NBHA Am. Derby & Am. Shooting Dog this weekend in Sumter and then next weekend I'm going to mount a horse and run AF with my two Pointers. I am thinking about running my GSP in the AF puppy stake as well. What the heck? My Pointers have taught her how to R-U-N!! :D

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:18 pm

Hey, it just occured to me. How funny am I going to look running my GSP pup in an AF trial ...mounted on a Paso Fino!! Holy cow! What a dork! :lol: :lol: