They're making me look good!! Just a few pictures...

deaconspoint

They're making me look good!! Just a few pictures...

Post by deaconspoint » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:52 pm

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:16 pm

Sweet pics Tim...Is that a Chukar I spy in that last picture :D :D

Ace

deaconspoint

Post by deaconspoint » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:52 pm

Good eyes Ace. I just found it myself.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:54 pm

deaconspoint,

Great pics ...except the second one! There is no way a Pointer should ever back a Pointing Lab!!! :D

larue

Post by larue » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:28 pm

Yawallac,now that s where your wrong a pointer should back a dead cow
if it falls against a tree.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:22 pm

larue,

Be serious, obviously the lab stole the point! :D

deaconspoint

Post by deaconspoint » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 pm

It happens on occasion that Sam get's on a bird ahead of the pointers. Normally a single left behind during all the action. The little girl is a treat to watch. Here's another with Wally and Huck backing. Interesting thing is that she was not bought as a pointing lab, but a flusher. Due to her pointing tendancies I now have two Springers that do the flushing for us. When they run by Sam will go on in and help flush. If they start pointing I'm not sure what I'll do.

deaconspoint

Here's another for you Ace. I call this one "BUSTED&qu

Post by deaconspoint » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:38 pm

See the quail? A single caught out in the open by "Haddie the Great" and holding tight. Fun stuff!!

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Quail dead ahead...literally :D Sounds like your Lab was a great bargain :D

deaconspoint

Post by deaconspoint » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:57 pm

She was given to my son and I by a great friend. Don't know anything about her backgroound or pedigree and don't care. I just hope I can find another like her when the time comes. I have been blessed wth great dawgs. I had another friend who could not keep his English Pointers. The trainer who had them said he could do nothing with them and that they were not hard enough to make good bird dogs. When I got them the female in this picture was so affraid of being shocked that she would not leave my side. Hugged my leg and anyone elses nearby constantly. The male in front is her pup, now a little over a year old. This has nothing to do with me as a trainer or handler guys. I'm lucky and truly blessed with these dawgs. It just shows that sometimes a little less pressure and letting a pup come about things naturally can work wonders.