NBHA Trial - Two in a row!

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

NBHA Trial - Two in a row!

Post by Yawallac » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:05 pm

Sarah did it again. She placed 2nd at todays trial in Am. Derby. I don't have any pictures of her yet, but I did snap this one of where we were. Pretty Hallowed Ground to be sure.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:40 pm

Congratulations! Quite a sign! There is a picture of Rick and Gene Cosel (sp) on our refigerator holding a pup. Rick knew him when he was training at Brays Island.
brenda

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:32 am

Brenda,

Just knowing that Guardrail used to call that place home was a pretty neat experience. I guess I'm just weird that way. :D

Here is Sarah's placement picture. We were braced with the winning dog, Wings, handled by Jennifer Braman. She was a very nice dog and deserved to win. Sarah bumped and chased her first bird (oops!), stopped to flush and remained steady on her second bird (better) and then had two beautiful forward finds that she remained steady on. Her bracemate had three perfect finds and a back of Sarah.

With the Derby's, the dog really needs to be fully broke to win and Sarah's early mishap hurt her. But, she finished strong enough to place so she's getting there. :D

BTW, your new avatar looks great.

sandhill

Post by sandhill » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:52 am

Congratulations Yawallac and Sarah
She is a very nice looking dog, love the nice clean body she has

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:25 am

Congratulations on the wins!

I remember reading in the Field about the death of Guard Rail. A highway accident in which the front section of the trailer caved in and he was killed. He was just a great, dominant dog.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:54 am

John,

Yes, that was a freak accident that killed Guard Rail. Elhew Matador was a beautiful dog that I was considering for future breeding here in SC. I really liked him. He died last year on a TX hunting trip. He was killed by killer bees! Unbelievable. He was scheduled for semen collection the next week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought you might enjoy seeing some more pics from the trial. The NBHA here has a photographer that takes pictures and I just got these.

A boy and his dog, albeit an old boy!

Sarah and bracemate.

Wow!!

Wow!!

Learning about the chaingang....

Rocky on the breakaway in Shooting Dog. I'd run too if I had THAT chasing me!

Walking in to flush Rocky's bird w/judge judging.

Close up.

This was the same day running Rocky in the Gun Dog stake ...and this was the last I saw of him! I finally found him on point, but out-of-bounds. The Gun Dog stake isn't his best game and he has seen the last of it.