Good Start To the New Year

Coveyrise64

Good Start To the New Year

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:45 am

Decided to get my feet wet (literally) and entered my first ever field trail (walking) this weekend. After raining most of Friday night, Ok and KS got close to an inch of rain in places. Early Saturday morning it didn't look like it would let up but by the time I got to Howard, KS the rain stopped and then the wind started. A wet course and thirty MPH gusts made it difficult for all of the dogs but in the end it was worth it. A 3rd place Amatuer Gundog placement in her (TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTII) first trail against 12 competitors. Not a 1st but not last either and a darn good showing with compliments from the judges and gallery on her performance.

Coveyrise64

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:17 am

Congrats!

Warning => Field trial success can lead to addiction involving expenditure of vast sums of time and money. ;).

Best,

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 am

Greg Jennings wrote:Congrats!

Warning => Field trial success can lead to addiction involving expenditure of vast sums of time and money. ;).

Best,
Ain't that the truth! :lol:
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:10 pm

Warning => Field trial success can lead to addiction involving expenditure of vast sums of time and money.
Thanks for heads up! 8) Now that the kids (two girls) are through college and on their own the time isn't an issue, it's the two pending weddings that's holding me back. There was an aluminum gooseneck slant in the parking area with living quarters, built in dog boxes, and a duramax on the front of it that was sure enough a nice rig. Is that a requirement? :lol:

Before I headed home Saturday evening the crew from the Sunflower GSP Club was trying tried to coerce me into entering their Horseback Trial next month. Don't have a horse (used to when I was a youngster) but they said that was no problem. Already planned to make a trip to Wisconsin that weekend so that was not an option. Maybe next time.

Coveyrise64

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:57 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:
Warning => Field trial success can lead to addiction involving expenditure of vast sums of time and money.
Thanks for heads up! 8) Now that the kids (two girls) are through college and on their own the time isn't an issue, it's the two pending weddings that's holding me back. There was an aluminum gooseneck slant in the parking area with living quarters, built in dog boxes, and a duramax on the front of it that was sure enough a nice rig. Is that a requirement? :lol:

Before I headed home Saturday evening the crew from the Sunflower GSP Club was trying tried to coerce me into entering their Horseback Trial next month. Don't have a horse (used to when I was a youngster) but they said that was no problem. Already planned to make a trip to Wisconsin that weekend so that was not an option. Maybe next time.

Coveyrise64
Er, ah, the rig that I want doesn't have the built-in dog boxes and has a Cummins in place of the D-Max.

Regards,

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:16 pm

Coveyrise64 wrote:

Coveyrise64
Only when you have become fully bitten and figure out if One dog is fun 2 dogs is double the fun..and then what is one more and one more and then well it does have a snow ball effect :wink:

congrats
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Thanks for all of the advice, I'm sure my wife will appreciate it. :) In reality she would like one of those rigs. It would give her some place to kick back. I can't sit still long enough and she gets tired of sitting in the truck waiting on me, but I'm the one that can't or won't pull the trigger.
Er, ah, the rig that I want doesn't have the built-in dog boxes and has a Cummins in place of the D-Max.
Out of my league also, I hope I didn't leave any drool on it.

Only when you have become fully bitten and figure out if One dog is fun 2 dogs is double the fun..and then what is one more and one more and then well it does have a snow ball effect.
Already got the second dog (Avatar) she is about 18 months right now. A third might be in the works, haven't checked with the breeder. I'd rather have the dogs right now than the rig. I hunt more than anything, but more time to play now.

Coveyrise64

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:17 pm

Covey,

Nice job! It's so much fun isn't it? BTW, if you get a third, a fourth is no big deal!! :D