Fun Weekend!

SharpMtn

Fun Weekend!

Post by SharpMtn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:47 am

We had fun in the show ring AND field this past weekend

IN THE FIELD -

Jimmy went to the GSP Club of Atlanta Hunt test where he ran “Ava”, CH Bulkley SharpMtn’s Blu Skyes SH (CH Wyndbourne The Chances Are X CH Cheza’s Stelor in Disguise) in Master Hunter for the first time on Saturday walking out of the field after 4 retrieves and 3 backs……with STRAIGHT 10s!!!! Next day they were not so lucky….ran in the pouring rain and she ended up taking a step at the wrong time. They still had fun though:)

Jimmy also ran our baby boy “Scoop”, Sharpmtn’s Southwind Exclusive JH* (CH SharpMtn’s Fuel For The Soul SH X CH Southwind’s Serenade JH CD) and after 4 straight tries he finished his Junior Hunter.

Scoop’s brother “Boudreaux”, Southwind’s Byline Boudreaux was in Texas…..also at a Hunt Test….earning his Junior Hunter in 4 straight tries too! Congratulations to breeder Pat Dunn/Southwind GSPs and owner Chris Holbrooks!

IN THE SHOW RING -

While his kids were having fun in the field – I had “Solo”, CH SharpMtn’s Fuel For The Soul SH (DC/Int CH Windabrae’s Smoking Colt CD MH X Am/Int CH Lieblinghaus Hail To The Chief JH RN CGC) at the Tallahassee shows…to take a spin around the ring to see if he would behave well enough to show at the national. He has been in the field and has not shown since finishing his championship a few years ago! When Solo showed as a class dog, he would often try to drag us around the ring….springing up on all 4 fours on a down & back…quite a character! Well, much to my SURPRISE (or was it shock:) he showed great and took Best of Breed on Saturday and Best of Opposite on Sunday!! I had a blast showing him (besides my chomped fingers for bait;)!

Congratulations to everybody else this past weekend that enjoyed this versatile breed!

Lara & Jimmy Spears

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:27 am

Congrats to all!

Best,

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:17 am

Congrats on a job well done !!!!

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:21 am

Big CONGRATS to all, Lara and Jimmy.

So I will have an opportunity to meet you at Nationals in KY. Lara? I'll have Dalin out there for the exposure.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

SharpMtn

Post by SharpMtn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:11 pm

Yep, I will be there! I guess Solo will now be there too:) Looking forward to meeting you!!

Here are pictures that were taken by AKC at the hunt tests. Looks like they only took pictures of the broke dog stakes. There are about 11 of Ava (and some with Jimmy too:)
https://www.akc.org/events/hunting_test ... /index.cfm

SharpMtn

Post by SharpMtn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:38 pm

I also wanted to Congratulate list Bill Greene on finishing yet another Senior Hunter! There are some great pictures of you and Diesel on AKC too:)

Lara

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:45 pm

WAY TO GO all you guys!!! Hard work always pay off. Shot Miss Dani her first birds today, and she actually made a water retrieve.
brenda

SharpMtn

Post by SharpMtn » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:59 pm

THANK YOU BRENDA!!!! That is AWESOME NEWS!!!

Fieldmaster

Post by Fieldmaster » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:33 am

Lara,
Congrats to you and Jimmy on a Great weekend. Keep up the good work.

Robert
Fieldmaster's Shorthairs
"Selective Breeding at it's Finest"

Selectively Breeding Outstanding
Dual Quality Shorthairs

http://www.fieldmastersshorthairs.com/

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Good Job, Shorthairs are the BEST.---------SONNY
SON/STARR KENNELS
Son/Starr's Slick---1st Amateur Champion of NSTRA.