A little brag.....

12 Volt Man

A little brag.....

Post by 12 Volt Man » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:42 pm

I ran Cooper in a NSTRA trial last weekend. One of the fields we went 5, 4. I missed the shot on that last bird. I ended up only 30 points away from taking first place. Ended up 4th.

Man it sucks when the dog does everything right and I screw up.

He's really getting there. I imagine I'll report in some time soon that we made a win.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Congratulations, get em next time. And good to hear from you jumper cable guy.

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:20 pm

Congrats to COOPER, Hey, Five Birds, good but you got to have those retreives, Been there done that. Sounds like you have the right breeding.---------SONNY
SON/STARR KENNELS
Son/Starr's Slick---1st Amateur Champion of NSTRA.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:35 pm

Wow sounds like a close day on points from 1st to 4th by only 30 points....Sounds like you had some good bird work going...
Hate those misses... :cry:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:48 pm

Hey kninebirddog, Good to see you posting . Sorry about my past comments. Iam really a nice guy. If you like BIRD DOGS then I like you. -------Friend SONNY
SON/STARR KENNELS

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:01 pm

I would like to Apologize also

Sonny Hawkins wrote:Hey kninebirddog, Good to see you posting . Sorry about my past comments. Iam really a nice guy. If you like BIRD DOGS then I like you. -------Friend SONNY
and even if the bird dog I like are BRATS :wink: :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Sonny Hawkins

Post by Sonny Hawkins » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Hey kninebirddog. I like them pups in the tub. If a dog will find point and retreive , back, and mind Thats my kind of dog. Friend SONNY
SON/STARR KENNELS

pear

Post by pear » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:36 am

Don't ya just hate it when the dog did good and you let them down??.... I guess that is the way it goes but still seems wrong. Been there and done that way to many times. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:30 pm

I was in NSTRA years ago and used to have guy's that couldn't shoot well try to flush the bird's into safty zones. At another handler, the judge, the gallery. Saw a guy flush one into a gut wagon once. He got his safty! Saw another guy shoot twice and miss at which time the bird veered off toward the other handler and he called a safty. What are ya gonna do?
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:14 pm

Safeties you still get a score..you get an average of your retrieves

a miss where your dog looses the bird is a slash and you get no score ...which on average is about 75-85 points

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:56 pm

It's been a long time but as I recall, a safty was 75 or the average of the rest of the retrieves.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:22 pm

Hey 12 Volt,

How do you keep that Snakefoot bred dog in a field the size of a postage stamp!?!? :D

Nice job and congrats! Hint: Next time, keep your head down! :)

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:31 pm

Yawallac wrote:Hey 12 Volt,

How do you keep that Snakefoot bred dog in a field the size of a postage stamp!?!? :D

Nice job and congrats! Hint: Next time, keep your head down! :)
Believe it or not, I can turn him on a whistle. I have never had a problem keeping that dog in the field.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:23 am

12 Volt,

You're lucky, mine just looks at me and laughs!

I have run him in a couple of NBHA Gun Dog stakes. They either use a course (which is better for him) or a bird field very much like NSTRA. He handles fine once the brace is almost over! :lol: