Mn Britt Trial

ohmymy111

Mn Britt Trial

Post by ohmymy111 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:39 am

Vern had his 3rd placement for this year, taking 2nd in the Open Gun Dog Stake at the Minnesota Brittany Field trial.

Better watch out, looks like the French Britts are starting to come into their own!! :)
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
TR Jabo de El Matochar CH -CS -IB
CHF CH Darius de L'Eoile du Nord TAN
CH E'toile du Mas D'Pataula TAN
L'Etoile du Ten Bar Ranch
Messi de L'Etoile du Nord
Meg de Sugar Creek
Orion de L'Etoile du Nord
Persese de L'Etoile du Nord

http://www.ebretons.com

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Congrats once again Mark. From a fellow French Britt guy. You sure do get to a lot of events all over don't you? :wink:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:47 pm

It took a couple of generations to get our French Brits of 50 years ago to be able to run and win some trials. It's kind of a new experience for most of them. Once they are here for a couple of generations you will see them bred with a little more style and run in them. Seems we just can't keep from what we think is improving the breed.

Congrats on your placement.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Congratulations Mark. Are you allowed to travel back to France and run him again - after having contaminated his blood with these American Trials? Will anyone ever want to breed to a Field Trial dog??

A good dog is a good dog. Bully to you for showing it.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Congrats :D

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:30 pm

In a European Pedigree you will find more trial information than i n most american britts. A very high percentage of the europeans have for generations run in field trials. The whole purpose of the UKC registration of the French seperate from the American is to help preserve the original brittany and its heritage.

Although brittanies are almost always a joy.

Rick

EWSIV

Post by EWSIV » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:34 pm

Ruffshooter wrote:In a European Pedigree you will find more trial information than i n most american britts. A very high percentage of the europeans have for generations run in field trials. The whole purpose of the UKC registration of the French seperate from the American is to help preserve the original brittany and its heritage.

Although brittanies are almost always a joy.
Yes, but European trials and American trials select dogs for different qualities.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:09 pm

The whole purpose of the UKC registration of the French seperate from the American is to help preserve the original brittany and its heritage
Does this mean my Britts isn't original? And they are pure decendants of dogs that came from France. I will admit though over the years I have tried to lessen the coat and add a little more style than my original dogs. Also have bred them to be a little more bold which makes them easier to work with I think. But basically they are still the same dogs we started with that came from Brittany. I wonder what they will call the dogs they import in another couple of decades. By that time we may have American Brits, American French Britts, and the new imports will be French Britts for the third time.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:51 pm

Yes I do plan on going back to either France, or perhaps Spain. One of the Judges from Europe said he would like to see Vern run in Spain, where there could be 500 dogs in a trial.

I do get around a bit, but not as much this year, as the price of fuel is ridiculous. I have been blessed with a girlfriend, who enjoys the sport as much as I, so it makes it much easier for me to do something I love.

I like to play all the games. AKC, UKC, FCI, and would like to give NSTRA a try if only the dates didn't conflict with other trials.

I am not even going to start on the whole breed differences thing. This is the brags section. Frankly I find it insulting to say it will be a matter of time before the French Brittany will have good style and run.
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
Meg de Sugar Creek

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:02 pm

Mark, I think you will have to admit that in the early days of the French Brittany movement here the dogs that were being promoted had very little in the style and run department. Then some folks such as yourself have been showing that whether you are in America, France or wherever, a good dog gets the job done.

Obviously your dog has enough style and run for some of the judges. And then there is that Tank dog as well.

When you were in France did you see any of Pierre Terran's dogs? He has always sounded like he runs the type of dogs I would like.

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:37 am

While I was in France, we went over to Pierre Terran's house and met him. He has quite the interesting setup, with all the exotic waterfowl. I saw a number of his dogs, and was considering buying a female for breeding, but sadly it was not in the budget at this time. Pierre is a very nice guy, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting him, and would like to visit him again when I get over there again.
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
Meg de Sugar Creek

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:53 am

I did not mean to get this in a wrong direction. Just a response to a what I find to be questionable comment.

Once again Mark, keep up the good work. Congrats.

Rick