Juvenile Points

jetto

Juvenile Points

Post by jetto » Wed May 07, 2008 9:45 am

Ok it's "just" juvenile points but it's nice to have some of them done! :D

On Saturday at the Pennsylvania Brittany Club trial against 12 other Brit puppies "Cruz"- High Hopes Flyin Full Throttle won the stake for his 2 puppy pts. He's sired by DC/AFC Spring Hill's Trouble Free and his mom is NAGDC/FC/AFC High Hopes Fly By Nite. He was handled by hubby Carl. He also has one derby point from earlier this spring.

Then of course after the excitement of hearing he won on Saturday night he went out and put on a real "performance" in the Open Derby on Sunday! Well ok those of us just having to WATCH and not having to HANDLE or SCOUT thought it was a real performance- those having to deal with the little turd had other thoughts I'm sure! He went everywhere on that course other than where he was supposed to be at the time. I think our scout had pulled all of her hair out by the time that time was called and my husband was hoarse from hollering for his dog, lol....He also asked that I PLEASE scratch him from the walking stakes he was entered in this coming weekend. He thinks at this point in time being on horseback behind the pup is challenge enough!
The lady who owned his sire said it reminded her of when Trubby felt the course just wasn't big enough and created his own! LOL! I think this little guy will be giving us quite a bit of excitement in years to come- some we will enjoy and some we'll just have to laugh about I'd imagine! Kristi Anglen and Cruz

Karen
GDF Junkie

Re: Juvenile Points

Post by Karen » Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 am

Woo Hoo! You go girl! Congratulations on getting Cruz's puppy points! He looks like a good one!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

jetto

Post by jetto » Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 am

Oops!! I forgot my best boy in my haste to brag on Cruz.....Our gun dog Jet also placed this past weekend Ch Requets Above And Beyond JH RN placed 4th in the 27 starter Open Gun Dog stake on Sunday handled by Carl. He had a good go in the amateur on saturday also and was carried but just didn't quite get in the ribbons. AND the week before he placed 3rd in a 22 starter Amateur Gun Dog and our RED DOG- the IRISH SETTER- placed 4th in the same Amateur Gun Dog stake! That was Flynns first placement and we're real proud of him- mostly proud of the fact he might finally be broke??? Maybe??? LOL! And yes he is an AKC Irish Setter. All 72 hairy pounds of him- :wink: Ch Irish Gold Hunters Moon JH RN. Kristi & Jetto & Flynners too!

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Wed May 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Congrats! I ran against Cruz this spring with my red dog. You bested us for your AWD point. Nice dog! Keep up the great work!

Justin and Captain!
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Wed May 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Congratulations ( again) . He did a great job. I was braced with him and afterward knew he had to be in there pretty high.

jetto

Post by jetto » Thu May 08, 2008 6:20 am

Thanks bunches guys! I think we're going to have alot of fun with this one. Let's all hope the gas prices come down before next season though! Kristi

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Thu May 08, 2008 8:02 pm

No such thing as "just juvenile" points Kristi!!! POINTS are POINTS and those blue ribbons don't come down the pike easily to just any dog nor do they come down the pike everyday. CONGRATULATIONS to you, Carl, Cruz and Jet......recognition that was well deserved. Enjoy the journey to the FC/AFC/DC titles......it will be a roller coaster of adventure!!! This is only the beginning :wink: