Pretty Good Weekend....

Buckeye_V

Pretty Good Weekend....

Post by Buckeye_V » Mon May 12, 2008 7:47 am

I left my pups at home this weekend and handled the Keeton string of dogs this past weekend at Polk, PA in the Vizsla Club of Greater Cleveland's walking trial. The weather was definitely not the greatest, but overall it was a pretty good weekend.

I handled the sire of my pup Captain to a 3-point retrieving major win in the Amature Limited stake! To put a little icing on top of the cake it finishes Tank's AFC title with a flourish. SOmething that has been coming for just about 3 years now.

I also handled a string of derby dogs to a 1st (Tac), 2nd (Earl) and 4th (Bodi) in AWD in the driving rain, which was an unpleasant gift from mother nature.

We finished off the weekend with another 4th in Open Puppy.

There were a lot of nice dogs this weekend and a lot of nice people. I had a great time running the dogs (even though I was wet), socializing with some great people, eating some good food! It made the trip home a little more bearable....

Justin
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

zodiakgsps

Re: Pretty Good Weekend....

Post by zodiakgsps » Mon May 12, 2008 8:14 am

Justin, BIG congrats to you & Keetons again on Tanks win & finish on his AFC, wish I would have come earlier & seen him run!! I did get to see the AWD & can say that Tac, Earl & Bodie are some darn nice going dogs, that first find Tac had was breathtaking, I'm only sorry I forgot my camera!! He was a pleasure to judge too.
Was great seeing everyone again!

jetto

Post by jetto » Mon May 12, 2008 8:27 am

Hey Congrats Justin! Nice job finishing Tank! Give my Big Congrats to Denny & Linda also!

Not sure what you didn't like about the weather?? Oops! That's right- We left BEFORE the rain hit! LOL! Nice weekend- nice trial....Yes food was excellent. We need to hire Diane to make all the desserts for all the trials there!
Kristi

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 am

CONGRATS!
Sounds like you got to have a lot of fun!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon May 12, 2008 12:42 pm

Sounds like a clean sweep! Congrats Justin!!!
brenda

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Nice job...
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Mon May 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Congrats again to Justin, Denny and Linda!!! Yup.....I'd take any one of those red dogs home to feed them!! So would Brian. Had a blast this weekend......but I still want to know....WHO ATE ALL THE HO HO CAKE??????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I simply cannot believe that Bill did it....he denies it of course.....

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Mon May 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Also, I'd like to congratulate all the winners and placing dogs this past weekend.....
Some notable GDF members need to some special recognition as I doubt that they will brag for themselves...

Congratulations to ZodiakGsp (Ann) who took home a yellow ribbon with her Chief dog in the OLGD. She has only just begun to handle him now herself and has only had him back for something like two weeks she says...GOOD job ANN! I know...because we were braced with her and he stood beautifully through his first divided find when the Brittany he was braced with nearly slammed into him as they both hit the scent cone...King pulled it out as he was hitting the brakes (and yes...he does honor very well) and ended up jumping OVER Chief instead of knocking him out but Chief stood through it all and did Ann proud.

Congratulations to Jetto's ( Kristi) Irish boy too. He picked up his first Amateur field point by taking the red ribbon in the AGD which was a major as well. Flynn did Kristi and Carl PROUD with some most excellent bird work,a great, and HAPPY forward race ( YES the IRISH can RUN) high style and multiple finds, all handled very well, sometimes even in spite of the handler! Flynn has been been putting it together pretty well and all of Carl and Kristi's hard work and dedication is finally paying off. They also took home the white ribbon in the same stake with their beloved Jet, their Brittany. GOOD JOB and Congrats to you both!

While the weather was pretty wet and soggy on Sunday, a GREAT time was had by all. Congrats again to everyone who placed and/or won some points this past weekend.

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Tue May 13, 2008 7:49 am

Also, thanks to the Riggle's and Ann for judging our trial! I feel you all did a fine job and you were very fair in your judgments!

Helen, you guys have a pretty good string yourselves!

Ann, keep going with that dog - he'll get it done and make you proud! Fine dog, indeed.

We'll see you all down the road this fall.....most likely.

Justin
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

SFK

Post by SFK » Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 am

Congrats to all! Wish I could have been there - sounds like it was a blast!

Ann - glad to hear Chief is running again. I really like that dog!

zodiakgsps

Post by zodiakgsps » Tue May 13, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks Helen & Justin!! Helen, wish I had a camera for that one, quick thinking on Kings part & loved the way he landed on point, just one of "those" moments!! Chief actually lives with me, I just started working him 2 weeks ago since Joe(his owner) never does anything with him anymore. I just never trained/handled him before. Wished he'd have remembered his manners in the AGD that well too..... :oops:
That Dakota pup Brian ran was one nice moving pup too. (I had quite a chill from getting wet Sunday....knew I shoulda stuck that little pup of yours under my coat when I had the chance, LOL!!!)
Art, I kinda "stole" Chief from Joe........couldn't stand seeing him sit here doing nothing, I like him too.....heck, I was happy to have a nice run & get him around clean our first time out, imagine my smile when he got a placement in the stake!! :D
Hey Justin, hows Linda feeling??? Better I hope!!