Season Finale

Karen
GDF Junkie

Season Finale

Post by Karen » Mon May 19, 2008 5:16 am

My boy, Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory took the red ribbon home yesterday from the Anthracite Brittany Club's OGD stake with 33 starters. I couldn't have been more pleased with his performance, held his edges nicely, rimmed every field on the grounds, had a nice forward ground race and 2 really nice pieces of bird work.

Blaze was amatuer handled yesterday by friends we train with. The judges were extremely complimentary. It's so exciting to watch this young dog develop into a very consistent and competitive dog. This gives him 7 points toward his FC.

I also want to congratulation Jetto and her husband Carl for their 3rd place with Jet, who was also amatuer handled by Carl, and Maverick, his owner Andre (Maverick on the board) and his trainers/handler, Helen (Kiki's Mon) and Brian for Maverick's 4th place.

Not a bad way to end the spring season!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

Crystal kennels

Re: Season Finale

Post by Crystal kennels » Mon May 19, 2008 6:44 am

Congratulations Karen!!!!!!! I was at that trial and ran in the downpouring rains! Tough, tough conditions. Lots of rain and trailers getting stuck in the mud.......ugh........we were drowned by the end of the day.............. just so happens you pack up to leave and the sun comes out! :roll:

Judy
German Shorthaired pointers proven on wild birds and in competition

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon May 19, 2008 7:01 am

Judy, talk about me being a day late and a dollar short. Without the registerd names on the brace sheet, it's so hard to put names to faces. Your Miles dog was braced with my Blaze!
ImageImage

jetto

Post by jetto » Mon May 19, 2008 7:16 am

Thanks Karen! And Big Congrats again on Blazes 2nd and 2 more pts!! Thanks so much for the phone call! And congratulations to Maverick and his connections too! Brian, Helen, Andre! Glad he came through for you and you got some of that money back since the red dog he was braced with went "POOF!" and blew up! They surely know how to break your heart from time to time don't they....And Congrats on Dakota's puppy win also!

We had a really good time and that's the end of our spring season also and we ended it well. Cruzie won the Open Derby on Saturday for his final juvenile point and with Jet's 3rd in that big stake on Sunday that just topped it off- plus we got money from the Calcutta coming for his placement too!

A friend of ours finally got to watch Cruz run this weekend and he gave him the biggest compliment he could in my mind. Told me he runs just like his mother. Given that she was RU at the National Amateur GD Ch's twice and won it in 2006- I'll take that compliment any day!!! And hope he does follow in her footsteps very closely!

It was a really nice trial to end the season at. Very pretty grounds and we got to see alot of good birdwork and had a good dinner and wonderful happy hour and calcutta saturday night. Just a really fun way to end the season. Thanks Anthracite Brittany club! Nice job. Kristi

Crystal kennels

Post by Crystal kennels » Mon May 19, 2008 7:24 am

Hey Karen...........who were you? The one on the small chestnut?? Miles ran a good race until I lost him the last 5 minutes....... :evil:

Wish I could have met you formally! Next time! :wink:

I love the Weatherly course......its a tight one though! Always nice people there..........

Judy
German Shorthaired pointers proven on wild birds and in competition

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon May 19, 2008 7:29 am

Yup, small chestnut and the helmet was me making fun of how skinny my dog looks. He reminds me of a pointer with no tail when he's all shaved down like that :D

Miles did a very nice job from what I could see. Nice dog.
ImageImage

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon May 19, 2008 7:40 am

sounds like some awesome jobs done...Congrats to all

sounds like Blaze is catching on
and Maverick For a young dog who's not even 3 yet sounds like he is knocking on the door to the fututre

and WOW little dakota sounds like he is starting off with a real bang

Again Congratulations
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

jetto

Post by jetto » Mon May 19, 2008 8:06 am

Hey my gun dogs need to catch on like Blaze has!! :D
The only thing the red dog was thinking about yesterday was maybe catching himself a quail! LOL!

Kristi

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon May 19, 2008 8:14 am

Thank you Kristi!

Blaze isn't quite 4 yrs old yet and never ran a single puppy or derby stake, so he's still young and learning, but this placement should put him back on the Magnum's Masked Man Gun Dog Award list, which consists of the top 30 Brittany gun dogs in the country. Not too shabby for a dog that's just "catching on", is it Arlette.
ImageImage

donny Bear

Post by donny Bear » Tue May 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Congrat's That was a day of Challenge a toast to the top dog on the weekend.

I hope Dakota see's a win like that some day :mrgreen:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue May 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Yes Karen thats not bad ...that is what it takes getting out in the field and running no matter what conditions the trial has to offer :wink: cause all the dogs will have to deal with the same conditions and judges
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue May 20, 2008 1:21 pm

kninebirddog wrote:Yes Karen thats not bad ...that is what it takes getting out in the field and running no matter what conditions the trial has to offer :wink: cause all the dogs will have to deal with the same conditions and judges
Oh I absolutely agree with you Arlette. I think you all should take your young, greenbroke adult prospects and run them in all the adverse conditions you can find, if that's what your trainers recommend :wink: I'll continue to be patient and pick and chose my trials with my young prospects, following my trainer's advise, and we'll see how the results go. I'm in this for the long run, so if it takes me an extra season or two to develop a dog into a consistent competitor, I'm okay with that. :D

The bottom line is that there are lots of different approaches, and this one is working for us.
ImageImage

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 pm

Not the clearest pics....sorry Brian hadn't found the ZOOM function yet on the new camera.....But at least there is something to show! :mrgreen:
It was a good trial & lots of fun!!
Congrats to all......
See ya all in FALL!!!