Derby update...

MTO4Life

Derby update...

Post by MTO4Life » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Well, we picked our dog Jasmine up this weekend at the Susquahanna trial. This is the 6th trial she has run this fall (all derby stakes) and placed 4th twice and 3rd the last three she ran in. No blues yet, but I'd say that this consistancy will benefit her as she has solid runs every time :P !! We are so proud of her, and I'll take her to a couple more trials this fall before it is all over, so never say never.

We are extremely pleased with how the folks at Wild Mtn Brittanys in PA trained her for the time she was there. She runs with style, has a great point, and I think is well on her way to a great gun dog for me, and a fantastic hunting companion. My hat is off to them and I look forward to working with them again soon. Now to do some hunting and showing in Canada here!!! That's it... just a small brag from a happy owner!!! :D

Streenie79

Re: Derby update...

Post by Streenie79 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 pm

A big congrats to Jasmine and to you! I can read the excitement in your post and am sure your little gal is headed for great things!! Keep us posted! :D

Streenie79

wchua24

Post by wchua24 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 am

i am sure that you are very happy with that. congratulations buddy.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:55 pm

PICTURES!!!! WE WANT PICTURES.....

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:32 pm

How am I supposed to get pictures when I can barely handle a horse, let alone a horse AND camera?? I'm good, but not THAT good yet!!! He he he :D
Hopefully I can get some hunting pics soon... (I can't take this pressure...). I had to bail on the Anthracite trial as Jasmine was still in heat... sigh! She was braced with the dog that won it, so it would've been nice to see that dog and compare pup to her....

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:32 pm

There is always the Oakridge and PA trial yet.....

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:52 am

Yup... we're set to go for the Oakridge this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. Kinda nervous, as she hasn't had any bid contacts since being home (and have we tried... very bad year). However, she did point one area that I watched a grouse fly from a few minutes before and was pretty intent, so we'll see. It'll be nice to watch her run!!