Proud Daddy

vizsla_hunter

Proud Daddy

Post by vizsla_hunter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 am

This weekend my little female Vizsla Lady and I made our Senior Hunter debut. She is my first dog I have owned\trained. She went out Saturday and put down a nice passing run for her first Leg. Then on Sunday we made it to the bird field with 18 minutes left. She goes on point. We worked the bird and the retrieve is loose but passable. Then I take her to the water barrel to cool her off. Send her off again in the same direction we just came from and she goes on point 20 yards from her first bird. Bird is worked. Nice retrieve this time. Take her back to the water barrel. Send her off again in the same direction and she goes on point again 20 yards from bird number 2. We work the bird and another nice retrieve. Back to the barrel from some water. We then walk in a different direction and with 5 minutes left she goes on point for the 4th time. There were 2 birds which ran instead of flying. They split up and I went after the one that went left. After another 15 yards of my running to try and get the bird up, I hear the gunner behind me shoot. Apparently the bird that went right decided to get up and fly and the gunner shot and downed the bird a good 30 yards out and 90 degrees to our right. The judges, myself, and the dog had no idea where the bird was. I got her facing the correct direction and sent her on the retrieve but she couldn’t find it. She though the bird that I was working was the one that was shot so she kept trying to move to the left in her search. Since she didn’t produce the bird, she failed the test that day. I was torn up inside but so happy with my girls performance.

MTO4Life

Re: Proud Daddy

Post by MTO4Life » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:54 pm

You should be proud with that many birds found. With that kind of work, she'll be SH soon...

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Wow, that sounds awesome. What a way to debut! Stinks that the second day didn't work out, but that had to be a tough one for her with 2 birds splitting up like that. Congrats. Denise

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:58 am

Sounds as you have a real bird finder there! Great job.
Dіck