Irish Setter Field Brags

jetto

Irish Setter Field Brags

Post by jetto » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:51 am

Hi, We traveled from Ohio to Wisconsin this past weekend to attend the ISCA National Hunt Test and Walking Field Trial. Championship status has not yet been granted to the field trial- but we're hoping it will in the future. It was Irish Setter only which is unusual for us and made for a fun trial and very pretty with all the red heads present.

We had a real good weekend! My pup Joey placed 3rd in the Puppy and the Derby. I think the straight up the hill juvenile course with no lines confused him a bit- but he found birds in both of his stakes and pointed staunchly so we were happy with him.

And our gun dog Ch Irish Gold Hunters Moon JH RN- WON the Amateur Gun Dog! YAY!!!! We missed a major by one dog being absent unfortunately but we'll take the 2 pts! He did a nice job in the Open Gun Dog also having a pheasant find about 20 yards off the breakaway and handling that- but then he and his bracemate had a divided find and when she left with the birds so did he- ending his bid in that stake. But the Amateur he was manners perfect and extremely stylish from what I've been told- only one find but that and his run got the job done- it got wicked up there in the afternoon with blustery winds, cold temps and the occasional snow shower....So there were alot of birdless dogs and also dogs being taken out by the tempting pheasants on the course....Carl was really pleased when he got around clean with Flynn and his run was so strong after having run already that day.

Very nice grounds there at Eagle, Wisconsin...We could have done without the snow in northern Indiana on the way home but we made it safe and sound. Here are some pics from our day. Kristi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MTO4Life

Re: Irish Setter Field Brags

Post by MTO4Life » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Excellent results!! Glad to see it worked out for you going to the event!! Hopefully that will continue this weekend in PA??!! See you then.

jetto

Post by jetto » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:17 am

Thanks Travis! It made the long drive home much easier! Hopefully our weather will hold out this weekend and not get too bad. They are calling for a clipper to come through but I'm not sure how much snow they are looking for- hopefully not much! Kristi

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:18 am

Congratulations Kristi & Carl!! Woo hoo!!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:10 am

Oh WOW....I'm so very very HAPPY for you guys!!!!! That is a the most wonderful picture of Carl and Flynn. You can see the absolute pride as well as the joy in your hubbie's face and it is simply priceless.

I'm going to go pick up a little something I saw yesterday at Big Lots for you, if they still have it. I saw it, it made me think of you guys specifically and I now I MUST GET IT FOR YOU 8)

Congrats Kristi and Carl...you guys are inspiration to the rest of us.

jetto

Post by jetto » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:48 am

Thanks guys! Yes he was beaming....Flynn ran last brace of the day so I was busy packing up, feeding dogs, etc. and when Carl walked back from running him- he said NOTHING. Finally I said "guess it didn't go well out there?" and he kind of frozenly said "No it went real good, I think we might have won it from the judges comments"- no real REACTION, lol.....I was happy to see his face unfroze for the pics! LOL! Flynn of course had lots of woo wooing to tell me when I hugged him and told him what a good boy I'd heard he was out there...lol...He was more reactive than the handler! Kristi