MTO4Life has a brag....

Kiki's Mom

MTO4Life has a brag....

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:25 pm

Travis just called....he is just about over the moon and waaay pleased tonite. His girl Jasmine aka Sharptail's Alladin Princess just picked up her Derby points at the CT Valley Vizsla Club Walking trial today. It was a good stake, worth 2 pts and she was the only Brittany in the stake against the GSPS and Red Dogs. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congratulations Travis and Jasmine!!!!!!

Jassie was we call her around here, is the second dog from GDF member "Maverick's" litter to obtain juvenile FT points. T'was an excellent breeding as both pups carry show ring points too!!
Am.Can CH Jayhawker Huntersheart Mtn Jeb, FDJ
X
Can. CH Ruffwood's Dixie Girl, FD

Again Congrats to everyone....and keep up the good work!!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: MTO4Life has a brag....

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:01 pm

way to go

Congratulations
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Streenie79

Post by Streenie79 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:12 pm

A huge congrats to Jassie and Travis......Sounds like they're on their way!

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:05 pm

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewto ... 88&t=15884

Here is a picture from earlier this fall. 4 of the 5 dogs pictured are on our String. The blue ribbon dog is none other then MAVERICK (OGD), then Jasmine's father, JEB (OGD), the token pointer :twisted: Gary's, Dee (OD), then Jasmine (OD) and finally Miss Beans who garnered a 4th place in her debut to the puppy stakes that weekend.

I'm sure that Travis will post pics of Jasmine upon his return. :mrgreen:

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:37 pm

Huge Congrats to Travis and Jasmine!!! I know Travis has been biten by the trial bug and I am very happy that one of my pups is turning out the way he had hoped!!!
Thanks to Brian Riggle at Wild Mtn Brittanys for all his hard work training and handling Jasmine!
Great job Travis, you keep getting her out and she put down that run that you love to see!!!

Mav,,,,
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Knine's Ghost Rider

Paisley

Ch Ruffwood's Dixie Girl FD

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 am

Well.... we're home from CT...long drive, but made easier with a blue in the bag!!! What can I say... I'm so proud of my dog. She ran a stellar performance for me at the trial. She had 4 finds and a non-productive, and was hard charging from the start. Always ranging out front (she was hard to keep up with) and had some awesome points. She definately was a bird machine and on her game for the open. The judge said she has an awesome set of wheels and will be a great dog in the adult stakes (which is really nice to hear).

She started off awesome in the Amateur with a great find. She then grew some legs and got out far enough ahead where we couldn't find her. Turns out she ranged ahead and while we were looking farther back, she was pointing birds, backing her brace-mate (which she's never been taught) and just hunting hard. She may have had a 1st there too, but the judge grabbed her for me (and I'm thankful) as whe was gonna keep trucking!!

SO, many thanks to Helen and Brian Riggle with the training they did with her. She will be a great prospect when she hits the adult stakes. She is a hard hunter and the work they put into her is really showing!

.... no pictures of her as it was all I could do to keep up during her run, and when she finished, it was dark, so we couldn't get any pics!!! What can I do?? Hopefully I'll become more capable taking pictures while handling!!... he he he

All in all, this was to be her last derby stake and I couldn't be happier to have it end on this high note. She ran 10 stakes this fall, and ended up with two 4ths, four 3rds and this 1st. Look out adult stakes!!!! :twisted: :D

Crystal kennels

Post by Crystal kennels » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:21 am

Congratulations Travis and Jasmine!!!!!! Very nice way to end the season! :D

Happy Holidays! We all have alot to be thankful for.............

Judy
German Shorthaired pointers proven on wild birds and in competition

jetto

Post by jetto » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:45 am

Hey BIG CONGRATS Jasmine & Travis!! I just saw this! Way to go to end the season!!! Kristi & Carl

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:31 am

Thanks Kristi & Carl... we were happy to end the season that way. It's a really great early christmas present!!

RegalVizsla

Post by RegalVizsla » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Travis: it was great to meet you this weekend at the CVVC Walking Trial. I thought I drove a lot for this sport, but 5.5hrs one-way for a single Derby dog is impressive.

I googled you to see how to send you a congratulations e-mail and found you here on GDF. That's some impressive dog you've got -- and wish I'd seen her run -- although I'm glad I wasn't braced with you. I have a tough enough time keeping a level-head while my Derby-monster is out there.

In any case, I know from the judges that you were in the lead for the Amateur Derby till Jassie headed off into the hinterlands -- and that's one of the hazards of having a hard-driving Derby dog. I know because I'm the guy who won Amateur Derby and came second to you in Open Derby. You have a rocking dog.

Let me know if you're coming down here in the Spring. (I'll probably do my best to make sure we're running some place else :D ). Again, congratulations on a great win!

best
Andrew