New AFC

kensfishing

New AFC

Post by kensfishing » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Just got word from Dave Scott. Ace just won a trial he was at and finished his AFC Title. Ace is a great dog and alot of fun. I had him this last summer and put several placements on him. Now we take him to the Nationals this year.

okchiefsfan

Re: New AFC

Post by okchiefsfan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:19 pm

Congratulations Dave! I really enjoyed hunting over Ace two weeks ago. He is a bird finding machine!

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Thanks guys! Ace is my first titled dog, so today was a really special day for me. He had a nice ground race with five finds. On the fourth find, a covey got up and three birds flew back and buzzed within a foot of his head and he never moved his feet. On the fifth find he had three birds running all under, around, and in front of him. Thank goodness time was up after I fired the shot on that last find, because I was about to have a heart attack wondering what kind of bomb the field trial gods were going to throw at me next.

wfkgsps

Post by wfkgsps » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Congrats Dave!!!

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:06 am

Congratulation, that sounds like a nice run.

Is that Ace in your avatar? If so he is handsom.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks everyone! Ace is the dog in my avatar. I got him as a pup from Mark Wasserman of Chisholm Creek Kennels. Mark breeds some outstanding dogs.

nrcgsp

Post by nrcgsp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Congrats Dave! That is awesome, we are excited for you and Ace. See you at nationals now!
Home of: NFC/FC/RegCh/NRC'S Magnum's Touch of Gold(We miss you Magnum);
NSDC/FC/Reg. R-upSlick Kessie Joe; http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=598

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:22 pm

Dave congratulations. As long as you and I have been friends this weekend was the first time I'd been able to see Ace run. It was a real pleasure to see him from a judges perspective. We had two dogs in that stake that anyone would have sworn were unbeatable yet Ace's consistency throughout the brace and the fact he's probably the most dead broke dog I ever saw edged out his bracemate.

Again congrats on a well earned win and Ace earning his AFC.

All the best. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

CimarronGSPs

Post by CimarronGSPs » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:05 am

Congrats, Dave and Ace. I already bragged to a few of the guys at work about Ace. Look forward to more upcoming results!
Chief's Cimarron War Hawk

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:42 am

Thanks guys. Here is a pic of me and Ace with the judges.

Also, another congrats is in order to Charlie. His dog Bullet won the OGD! Now he only needs one more retrieving point to finish his FC.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:46 am

Congrats Dave (ACE) & Charlie!! :D

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Big Congrats!!!
brenda

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Hey Dave this thread was supposed to be about you and Ace but thanks for the mention. This is Bullett's third major win on top of a bunch of placements around the country. I'm just glad I'm finally turning into enough of a trainer to show him off well enough for others to appreciate him as much as I do.

Ted, Sissy (Moose x Blaze) also placed in the derby behind Trouble and my client's (Burnie Stokes)dog (Vizsla) which won the OD.

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:05 pm

That's good news Charlie,how is Cracker doing,now get that other R point on Bullet & put the FC before his name!!

Fieldmaster

Post by Fieldmaster » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:34 pm

Congrats Dave on a job well done!!!!!! Hey how was the quail numbers out there this year?

Robert

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:36 am

Robert,
This was one of the worst quail seasons that I can ever remember. The three month long snowpack and ice storms from two years ago, followed by last year's (and looking like this year's) drought just about did in our quail. There are still a few pheasants, but they are all two year old birds and very cagey!

I was just talking to another guy the other day about the bird situation. Up until two years ago, I could pretty much break a dog on wild birds. I'd hunt them hard that first year, and then whoa break the dog and show them a few pigeons. Then proof them up on wild birds again. Now I'm having to use pen birds to do it all. It just isn't the same. My older dogs that I brought on with wild birds were much further along in bird smarts at the same age as my younger dogs that haven't been fortunate enough to have so many wild bird contacts.

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 am

Ted you'll never believe this but in May I gave Cracker to a dear friend of mine (Greg Butler) in Colorado. After my truck was totaled in a head on Greg drove five hundred miles to CO to help me out, Chauffer me around all week looking for a new truck, even hauled the whole gang for me to a trial the following weekend.

He loved Cracker in the workouts we had training that week, and wouldn't even let me buy his diesel for helping me out. So when I left I left Cracker tied to the fence and told Greg on the way out the gate he'd better go get his new dog.

I saw him last week in Amarillo. He looked like a million bucks and he's still so much classier than his daddy (Moose) it's hard to believe it.

Greg says he hasn't even started breaking him yet because he's pretty well done it himself! Most likely he'll be running GD stakes before he's two.

I did make Greg promise to let me breed to him when he's ready and to leave him to me in his will. :lol:

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:49 am

Nice jobs guys! Congrats on the achievements!