New Amateur Field Champion!

Jager

New Amateur Field Champion!

Post by Jager » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:54 am

I wanted to Brag a bit on my husband, Joe, & our dog Duke...(logged in under his account, because he's too humble to brag himself). But I'm Very Proud of the hard work & dedication both of them have put into this. I hope that I get all of the following information correct. I was unable to go to the event, one of the few that I have missed...and wouldn't you know they pulled off an amazing weekend! :D

Duke (Hi Point's Nuke Powered Tank) had a BIG weekend at the German Shorthaired Club of Ohio event held in Barkeyville, PA. They went into the weekend with 6 points toward Duke's AFC. They brought home the Blue First Place Ribbon in Both the Amateur Gun Dog and Amateur Limited Gun Dog events :!: The judges were American Field judges and mentioned that he looked really good. He actually won the Amateur Gun Dog this past Spring there too. So they got to bring the traveling trophy back home. The picture in Joe's avatar is of their win this Spring. The two wins this weekend put him over the top for the points he needed to get his AFC title. He also took second place in the Open Gun Dog event, handled by Chris Goegan. Duke is only 3 1/2 years old and Joe just started field trialing him this past Spring. He has been in 4 horseback field trials and has had 6 placements. They have really accomplished a lot in a short period of time. Duke also won first place in the Amateur Limited Gun Dog & 3rd in the Open Gun Dog at Killdeer a couple weeks ago. His (our) first time there and apparently the last too as they are closing those grounds. Duke is just a very pleasing dog, and really wants to please Joe, they have such a great relationship. On the home front, he has also turned into a great dog to have around the house too. He's very loving and just wants to be close. (I'm a proud momma!)

Our other dog, Jager (Nuke It's lil' Jagermister), took first place in the Open Limited Gun Dog event this past weekend too, handled by Chris. Jager is only one point away from his FC.

Both of the dogs will be going to Kansas for the Nationals this year. This will be Duke's first year out there. Don't really expect him to have a placement, as this will be his first time to see such big ground and he is still young, but I think that it will be a good experience for him. Joe will be handling him in the Amateur event and this will be his first year there too. He is looking forward to just getting to go and have fun. Chris will be handling Duke & Jager in the Open. Once again, I will be staying home (some of us in this family actually work for a living :lol: )

Thanks for letting me Brag on my Boyz and invade the GDF. Hopefully, Joe won't be too upset with me :mrgreen:

Signed, A Proud Wife & Momma ~ La Cindy
Last edited by Jager on Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dear Lord, Please make me the kind of person my dogs think I am.

http://www.allnkennels.com

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Re: AFC Title

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:14 am

Wow, that's awesome!!! Sounds like you've got a couple of good ones there . 8) 8) Good luck at Eureka.

Doug

bossman

Re: New Amateur Field Champion!

Post by bossman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:03 pm

After reading your post...I am sure Joe is just as proud of you!! Congratulations!

SFK

Post by SFK » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:14 pm

Gratz! One heck of a weekend for ya!

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:29 pm

That's spectacular.... what a great weekend!!! Congrats to all involved....

Jager

Post by Jager » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Thanks guys, I've truely been blessed! Looking forward to going to Kansas. Hope to see some of you there.

Joe
Dear Lord, Please make me the kind of person my dogs think I am.

http://www.allnkennels.com