Brit Pup got 2 more points

jetjockey

Brit Pup got 2 more points

Post by jetjockey » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 pm

Just found out that my Brit got two more points today by finishing second in a 5 point gun dog trial. My wife and are pretty proud since shes only 20 months old and shes the reason we got into trialing. I was just hoping she would gain some experience by running with the adult dogs, we didn't think she would actually compete with them, especially in a 40+ dog trial. Not to bad for a dog that sleeps between our legs at night. She has 2 derby wins now, a 2nd in her 3rd adult trial, and really proud (soon to be broke :D ) parents.

Brittguy

Re: Brit Pup got 2 more points

Post by Brittguy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:24 pm

Congratulations , now that is an impressive win . With that big of an entry you had some good competition

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Very impressive. Keep those up and you'll need to buy some more dogs!! Congrats.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:42 pm

Awesome Job...Congratulations
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

WingmanCA

Post by WingmanCA » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Nice work! Congrats.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:45 pm

Well, she was 1 dog away from another two points this weekend. She took another second in a 24 dog OGD trial. But I will admit, it was UGLY, not even close to pretty! We were laughing at the end of her brace because she ran so bad, but 1 back, a find, and an unproductive managed to get her second. Judges said none of the other dogs held up. The birds were giving the dogs fits because they wouldn't fly and were running all around. About the only thing my pup did well was not move when they were walking around her! I guess thats just how it goes sometimes. Ill take it, even though it wasn't pretty.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:38 am

Sounds like you have done some good work with a very nice dog. Good job.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 am

Travis- Congrats on the placement at the Ohio trial and so sorry I missed meeting you! We had to scoot East to the Maryland trial and a Brittany Specialty (Susquehanna's) held in York, PA for which I was the trophy chairman :) Sounds like you had a good time, got to see some of the trials and tribulations of running on CHUKAR, and in general enjoyed yourself. Great to see you having so much fun with your little girl! Looking forward to celebrating that FC title with you soon :)
And remember the motto.....ROANS RULE!!!!! :wink: :mrgreen:

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:03 am

Helen

Sorry we missed you, Im sure we will cross paths in the not do distant future. I cant wait to see some of your dogs run, looks like you had a pretty good trial. It was a wirl-wind trip for us. We had to leave right after she ran on Sunday to make our flight. The Tri-Valley grounds are really nice, but man, those birds did not want to fly! We are pretty happy with our pup, and if she becomes a FC some day that would be great, but she still has a ways to go, and we don't run her in all the trials due to money! The fact that she can even compete at only 22 months is exciting! She runs in 2 more gun dog trials and then she will run in the Eastern Futurity OAA. Are you going to the futurity? I might make the trip but Im not sure yet.............. And yes.... Roans RULE! :mrgreen:

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:46 am

Nope....won't be at the futurity since we don't have any Derby dogs on the string this season. I heard that your trainer plans on coming through PA on his way home :wink: If you plan to be with him that would be cool. We are pretty hospitable folks and you will get to see the absolute oppposite of Tri-Valley in the PA grounds :mrgreen: As big as Tri Valley is, is as tight as PA is....and we run on quail.
I was told by hubbie that it is time for me to get back into the handler's saddle again. So tonite I have to hurry home from work to go run and get in some practice with Maverick.....the fun never ends, does it?