Defect dog strikes again! (In Canada)

MTO4Life

Defect dog strikes again! (In Canada)

Post by MTO4Life » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, my little guy did it again. Since bringing my dogs home to Canada after some FT's in the U.S., I decided to do some field tests (hunt tests) up here. I registered Gunner in my pointing dog club's tests last weekend and he had a slow start with an 81/100 with some range issues and not wanting to handle, so I was pleased that he passed. The next day, he blistered the course with two awesome finds, great range and handle, and scored 97/100 and was the dog FDJ (field dog junior) of the day! I registered him today in another test to see if I could get his 3rd and last leg completed. It was pouring rain, and we headed out. He showed great hunt, and only got out of pocket once. I got him reeled back in to the bird field and he started hunting there. He then struck point, and I moved in for the flush. I flushed the bird and fired. I looked at him, and he hadn't moved! He was still standing rock solid waiting for some direction! I was so proud of him. That brough us to the end of his time. When they tallied the results, he scored a 92/100 and he completed his last leg in style. He is now (pending CKC confirmation) Wild Mtn Have Gun Will Travel FDJ. I just thought I'd give a small brag to him as after a fantastic derby season, this was great icing on his competition cake!

As for my girl Jasmine, we ran her as well. She was running in the Field Dog level. Last saturday, she cleared her course with 5 finds. She scored 95/100 and was top field dog. The sunday, she had 2 finds and scored 96/100 again being top field dog. I ran her today and we JUST missed her last last leg. She missed her pass by 1 point on the retreive. Oh well, there's always next time

So, just a harmless brag from Canada1

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: Defect dog strikes again! (In Canada)

Post by birddogger » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Huge congrats!!! You have a right to be proud!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Huge congrats sir!!
Great job with those two.

Mav....
We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Knine's Ghost Rider

Paisley

Ch Ruffwood's Dixie Girl FD

Doodle

Post by Doodle » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:39 pm

WOW, I guess we all should have a defect dog like that. Congratulations on a strong season with both your dogs. It was good to meet everybody. Now, take your "defect" dog out and kick more doggie butt.