New Addition to the family

rschuster54303`

New Addition to the family

Post by rschuster54303` » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:36 am

I got a new pup and I thought I would share her with you all. This is our first female so it is a different experience.

Her call name is Bella but I am still working on her offical name.

This is her at 5 weeks

This is her now

These are her parent's ped's
Sir
http://www.rschuster.us/stuff/ace.pdf

Dam
http://www.rschuster.us/stuff/molly.pdf

Thanks for looking :D

Regards,

Rob :wink:

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:09 am

Nice looking girl, have fun with her!!

Bella Lugosi????

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:56 pm

Bella was short for isabella, not sure what we will name her, but its just bella for now.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:34 pm

I read that ped. Hope you have a fast horse. :D

Those litter names have a way of hanging around. We did litter names so we could distinguish pups for weighing. One was all white (no ticking), so we named her Whitey. Well, we kept her. My oldest son said, uh, Dad, Whitey is not exactly a politically correct name. So we were going to change it. But my youngest son would not accept any name, except for those of dogs we have had that are no longer with us. I did not want to use any of those because those dogs were all my friends. So she wound up staying Whitey. We do get some looks.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:48 pm

John

Fast horse? Rob's is a bi-ped. One of the best conditioned I've seen at a trial in a long time. You and I wouldn't stand a chance of keeping with him on foot for too long.

I'm gald you didn't succomb to political correctness with Whitey 8)

rschuster54303`

Post by rschuster54303` » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:00 pm

Origonal were you parked next to me at that trial? I remember talking with a few people from MN but I am sorry I can not see your face in your avatar clear enough to place you. I see that the 4 Lakes walking trial is up on the AKC site I really hope they run it again. I hope to hit the walking trial next month at Eagle and then a couple of local walking trials near me. I hope to hit the 4 lakes one in May, should be interesting because I plan to walk that one again. :D

And John, I would love to say I will be training her via horse back but I don't see that in the near future. Do you think I will get many odd looks at the futurities if I am walking :oops: Just kidding, I have been talking with the breeder and a few other people and I will be trying to get her comfterable to handling from horse back. The hard part I think will be getting me used to handling from horseback.

Thanks for the comments.

Rob

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:10 pm

all i can say is what i said before. i read the ped. get a fast horse.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:36 am

Rob

Yes you were parked next to me at the Four Lakes Trial. You probably didn't recognize me because of the amount of clothing I was wearing to stay warm. Yes thier were a few of us Minnesotans there that weekend.

Our walking trial is coming up on Friday - Saturday April 14-15. I'll email you a premium. I would n't worry to much about walking the four lakes one in may. We had a guy come out last fall to our horseback trial with a couple of young dogs, handled them off foot. Took 1st and 2nd in Open Puppy and 2nd in Open Derby, that derby placement was a strong strong second.

I hope you do decide to get back of a horse, it will help things. I know I'm still a better handler on foot than horse but I like to believe I'm gettting better each time out. Some dogs do better off a horse. Mine is an example. When we get in a walking trial he thinks it's hunting time. Goes hard, finds lots of birds, but never makes the moves that impress most judges. Off horse he will show his power and make some good moves.

But it's all fun I guess as long as we get to be with the hounds.