Not a bad weekend

Tejas

Not a bad weekend

Post by Tejas » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Team Tejas had a pretty good weekend at the Lonestar GSP Club Trial held at Ardmore on the same grounds where the "Quail Championship" is run.
Notables competing were GSP Hall of Famer John Rabidou and Hall of Famer to be Eldon Hongo.

The trial started with the Open Puppy and a third place finish for Tejas Bandit's Belle. Belle's sire is Caden's Bandit and her dam is a littermate sister to Tejas Windwalking Boy. The next stake was the AGD and things really began to pick up as the aforementioned Boy took second and Tejas Starr (Freckles) took third. We didn't have an All-Age entry, but Belle took fourth in the derby......her fifth placement of the spring. The OGD was run in 90 degree heat with 90% humidity and dogs were fading like cheap tee shirts until the last brace of the day when a hunting dog bitch who wasn't broke steady to wing and shot until age five started and kept going and going and going including a huge move going away to the front at the end.
"That bitch has incredible "bottom" stated one of the judges. The handler was becoming increasingly anxious as placements were announced and those "big string" dogs garnered fourth, third and then second place until the Trial Chairman announced that the bitch "Freckles" had taken first place.

The handler was my brother Wayne and he deserves a lot of credit for the care, training and handling of Freckles, Belle and the rest of our crew.
Freckles will turn seven in a few weeks. She has run in five trial stakes in her career and has four placements including two wins. The only time she didn't place was when I handled her. :oops: Perhaps the best news of all is that on stakeout with the other three was a five month old pup out of Freckles and an All-Age son of Dixieland's Smoking Freedom. Future weekends are looking pretty good too with Belle and Bruiser.

Congratulations and thanks, Wayne

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Re: Not a bad weekend

Post by birddogger » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:53 am

congrats!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

The Zephyr

Post by The Zephyr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:25 am

Ken, Wayne & Team Tejas,

Big Congrats on a very successful weekend. I've seen both Belle and Boy run before. Great performers.

See if you can get Wayne to feed the gerbils and get'em running so he can fire up the generator and get online. We're waiting for some photos.

Again, Great job!!!!!

John L.
FC AFC Fieldmaster's Montauk Zephyr
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=324

Fieldmaster's Oregon Road Phosphorus
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2833

Tejas Jr

Post by Tejas Jr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Brother Ken erred...Freckles has 5 placements in 6 attempts...2 firsts, 1 second and 2 thirds. She was not run this past fall because of being "with child" and whelped a litter of 10 pups on Nov. 28. She gives you everything she has every time out. She ran at 3:00 in the afternoon, last brace, in the hottest time of the day, no scout, the bracemate busted out at 5, it was just her, me and the two judges!

John, I'll try to get a pic posted.

Wayne

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:15 am

Spectacular weekend Team Tejas!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!! Congrats
Bill L.