Brittanies Do It Again

Grange

Brittanies Do It Again

Post by Grange » Sun May 01, 2011 7:26 pm

My parents and I attended an AF trial today and their brittanies took some placements. Hawkens took 1st in the Hunting Dog Stake and Falcon took 1st in the Amateur Shooting Dog Stake. I didn't see Hawkens run, but I did ride Falcon's brace in the Amateur Shooting Dog Stake and I've gotta say she buried the field of 20 dogs (Pointers, Setters and GSPs). Falcon ran as big as any dog in the stake, stayed in the field and handled two pheasant cleanly. The judges even had some very nice compliments for my father at the end. The two puppies from the breeding of Hawkens to Falcon unfortunately did not place this time in the Open Puppy, but they did place in the previous two trials.

My setter, while not having her best run did take third in the Amateur Shooting Dog Stake, but man even with a good run she would have had a difficult time beating Falcon.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Brittanies Do It Again

Post by kninebirddog » Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Congratulations
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

north country guy

Post by north country guy » Mon May 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Hawkins and Falcon, CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue May 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Congrats! Sounds like a fun day, still waiting to go watch my first trial to see what it is all about!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"