Pointer Junior Hunt Test Qual

kylemac

Pointer Junior Hunt Test Qual

Post by kylemac » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:17 pm

My GSP, Max, did pretty well at a Hunt Test this weekend – received qualifying runs both Saturday and Sunday in Junior Hunter braces. I was interested to see how he would run with a brace mate but he did fine with it after an initial bit of tail chasing for 50-60 yards. He hunted well, I think, and he held a nice solid point on each day and let me flush the chukar before he broke.
More importantly I met a group of very helpful folks and got some contacts for folks in my area that train. Also - got to do some training with the help of some of the club members in the afternoon -- staged a couple chukar – Max pointed, we shot and he retrieved them nicely.
So, all in all a nice weekend. I was a little intimidated about the whole process – never having done anything like it – but it went very easy and everyone was helpful and encouraging. The judges were very nice and answered all my questions. I got to watch some nice dogs work as well. I am very glad to have gone and ran the test and would encourage anyone else considering it.
Regards.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Re: Pointer Junior Hunt Test Qual

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Congrats to you and max, sounds like a great time :D .....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

jcorcoran

Post by jcorcoran » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:24 pm

I am glad that it went well for you and was a good experience. I did it for the first time last year and learned a lot and met some good people in the process.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Congrats! It's nice to see good dog work, no matter which venue it is. 2 more passes, and you're on to SH. :D