Puppy owner brag

SFK

Puppy owner brag

Post by SFK » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:20 am

Well this is probablly the best brag I could have as a breeder...

Cheryl Knight has a male out of my Vegas x Kix litter. She has had dogs in obedience and other arenas but is new to GSPs and field dogs in general. She has been doing the right things, getting with a group of folks who have had pointing dogs, learning from them and getting her pup going in the right direction.

She decided to go for a test drive and entered in the open puppy and am puppy at the GSP of Ohio walking trial this past weekend just for some fun. Her only goals were to not get 'mugged' (she was a bit nervous about camping on the grounds by herself) and to come home with the dog, lol.

Well - She didn't get mugged and she came home with the dog and a bit more - Sunny Fields High Noon (Cooper) won the open puppy and took 2nd in the Am puppy! I'm hearing reports that they really tore the place up!

Congrats to Cheryl and Cooper!

Boxa

Re: Puppy owner brag

Post by Boxa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:54 am

I couldn't agree more Art. Way to go!
Caleb F. Bryson
Bryson's Boxa Kennel

FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Briarpatch Baby SH
FC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Lucky St. Lindy SH
DC/AFC Bryson's Boxa Wendell W. Woodbriar

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:11 am

They done good Art! I didn't mind taking a 2nd in OP to Cheryl and Cooper, as he did flat out tear it up! She has been warned and informed that she has to get back into horses now with ownership of Cooper :wink:
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 am

Congrats Art!!! How about you contracting to sell my next litter for me,you seem to get them all in the right places!! :lol:
Keep up the GOOD WORK!!
Ted

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Very nice! Bet she is hooked now!!!!
brenda

SFK

Post by SFK » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 am

Yes, it sounds like she is hooked. Trying to keep her from diving in too deep too quick though!

Bruce - thanks for all your help answering her questions on they other fourm she is on. Really nice for her to have various outlets to ask questions to and form her own style and direction for Cooper. And yes they sure made some noise. Folks are still talking about the OP run, lol!

Ted - ya - just like I've been blessed with some good dogs, I've been VERY blessed with the homes that their pups go to.

We are going to meet up at the Irish Set of Ohio trial in a couple of weeks (Horseback trial). Can't wait to see her and Cooper run!

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am

Congrats!
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

Knightfarms

Post by Knightfarms » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:01 am

I didn't see this before today, but I just wanted to say thanks! We had fun that weekend and we're still having fun!

Cooper and I are VERY VERY lucky to be surrounded by a great group of folks that have been helping us learn the ropes of field trialing. Yes I'm hooked!!! But I'm not running out and buying horses again... I think I'll take up running, though, if I ever want to keep up with the dog. :)
-Cheryl
I'm new to the game, please don't shoot me :)

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -Unknown