Great Hunt Test in Kansas

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Great Hunt Test in Kansas

Post by RoostersMom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:11 pm

We had a great time in Yoder, Middle of Nowhere, KS. My Rooster dog (Everedi's Blazin Inferno) took two more legs towards his MH title and had an awesome "fail" run as well (several multiple bird finds with the end result being a dead bird he never saw fall while another live bird was flushing from UNDER his feet). He stood it all like a rock, then searched for the dead bird, but not in the "right" area. He was great!

Best time of it was seeing my 17 year old nephew run his little GSP dog (the broken leg puppy) - Flapjack's Twisted Sister (Nova) for the first time - she turned 6 months at the start of the test. She passed two times (the first day was just a training day apparantly) with the second pass including a fantastic back during a flush and then a retrieve on one of the birds she pointed. Congrats to Clay for his first hunt test and training his own dog!

Second best was my sister taking her one year old GSP Handsome Hoffnung V Greif JH (Hopper) and take 4 straight passes to get his title in one weekend. Now, I know it's a JH title, but still, she hasn't ever bird hunted (my sis), she's never trained a birddog before, and she doesn't shoot, plus she has an aversion to birds. She had to pick up a live bird in the field and throw it for her dog and she didn't even flinch. She did a fantastic job preparing for this hunt test and training her own dog. Thanks to Jon and Cindy Hann for having her out for a seminar at Perfection Kennels - which got her hooked on this birddog stuff.
It was a cool family event!

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Great Hunt Test in Kansas

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Congratulations and good for all of you! I had heard a vizsla did well in MH and figured it was Rooster.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

nhachman

Post by nhachman » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Glad to see how much fun you had with bird dogs and family. I enjoyed the pictures.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:19 am

nhachman wrote:Glad to see how much fun you had with bird dogs and family. I enjoyed the pictures.
+1
None of my family is involved with bird dogs, so I can only imagine how neat that was. Congrats!