Last Legs of CKC Field Dog Junior title

Maverick

Last Legs of CKC Field Dog Junior title

Post by Maverick » Sat May 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Went out today with Maverick and ran two legs and passed both times.
That gives Maverick his CKC Field Dog Junior title.
He ran well both times out and his points were rock hard and very intence.
All and all a great day out just a little to hot, My 11 year old niece Jayme was out all day with me and helped with bird planting all afternoon. Jayme is in the picture below with me along with the two judges I ran under.

Mav....

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun May 28, 2006 7:49 am

Sounds like a great day for all. Jamie and Mav are sure "lookers". The other three in that pic are a little shakey though. :lol: :lol:
Days like that will be the memories that you can relate for years to come. It's great that you are providing both your pup and Jamie a valuble experience early in their lives also.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

pear

Post by pear » Sun May 28, 2006 7:57 am

Congrats!!!!!!!!! ... Well said Ezzy, family involvement is so important these days. Wish we saw more of it.
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sun May 28, 2006 8:08 am

thanks guys. My niece Jayme loves the dog test stuff. I had her out for a walk in the grouse woods with me last year and I think I may have a hunting partner in the near future, Next year when she turns 12, I can enrol her in the Hunter Apprentiship program we have here in Ontario and she can start to actually participate in the hunts with me.
She is a great kid and anxious to learn everything she can.

Mav....

pear

Post by pear » Sun May 28, 2006 8:37 am

Don't let that chance slip by. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sun May 28, 2006 8:40 am

I won't Pear, Jayme is currently sitting behind me in the big chair all snuggled up with my brittanys Dixie and Maverick.
She has also asked to help with the training of my gang.
This is great, a helper!!

Mav....

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun May 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Congatrs on the title win. Thats a good looking Brit you got there.

Do you guys alot of tests out there? We got 2 or 3 in the spring and somtimes 1 in the fall.

Cant wait to test my pup.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Sun May 28, 2006 8:39 pm

Hey Ryan,
The various pointing dog clubs in Ontario gives us lots of locations to get the testing thing done.
Our own local Brittant club has one as does the GSP club, two different Viszla clubs and an All breed pointing dog club. I think about 8 or 9 across the province spring and fall.
I got invloved with a few of the clubs and regularly gun for a few of them as well as help with bird planting. I have met lots of great people at these events.
Look forward to hearing how your pup does out there at the tests.

Mav......