Future Turkey dog

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Future Turkey dog

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue May 30, 2006 7:21 pm

I have been putting some quail out for my French brit pup, Stella. She is 19 weeks old. She has a great nose. I haven't had to check cord her or coax her to the area of the birds she just finds them and points like a full grown champ. It is the look in her eyes that impresses me.

Well we worked the first bird it flew off after her point and chase, The next bird I let my 5 year old GSP Mercy handle and retrieve. After that drill was done, the two headed across the field but only went about 30 yards and both locked up. I headed over and was about to look for a quail from another day. Well I got a shock. Two Turkeys flushed. They scared the boogers out of me. Mercy held steady and Stella was on the chase. She wasn't listening or stopping. I am just glad they did not decide to fight her. Stellas eyes were as big as saucers. I don't know what she thought she was going to with them if they stopped. I am glad she has that much heart.

I wish I could get her photo on here. She has a great point for such a young dog. :lol:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick