Weekend Blue

fourseasons

Weekend Blue

Post by fourseasons » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:04 pm

A nice win for my boy "Cut" this weekend in DE, 1st in Open Shooting Dog w. entry of 16 - handled by Jim Heckert. Some tough competition, so especially happy with this win (thanks Jim and judges!!!). Congrats to all who won at the trial, and to everyone who came out and supported the event with their entries.

Pic is from summer training in Montana (one of my favorite photos - really shows off his style on birds). This dog has one of the best temperaments -- great companion dog, biddable, but all-business when it comes to bird work ;-)
cutmt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SetterNut

Re: Weekend Blue

Post by SetterNut » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Congrats on the win,
That is one fine looking dog.
Steve

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Hows he bred BDBD?
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Congrats! BDBD. He is a looker. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Joe

fourseasons

Post by fourseasons » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 pm

Congrats to you too Joe! It was a pleasure chatting with you and your daughter at the trial.

"Cut" is by AKC Pointing Breed National Gun Dog Champion/FC Covey Up Johnny out of Maple Valley Starlight.
He's from the repeat breeding that produced AKC Pointing Breed National Gun Dog Champion FC/AFC Archer's Black Powder.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Same to you. We are just having fun getting to know some of the great people of this sport. My little one sure is having fun. She has no problem taking advantage of great situations. I have a few good pics of her riding the donkey at the trial. She just loves RayG. He seems to have all the right touches when it comes to a little girl infatuated with horses. As long as he has a bucket of apple treats in the trailer, she will have something to do at the trials. If we hit a few more with him, I am sure we can get one of those fine horses to follow her home. It was great to meet his son this weekend. You can tell he did his job as a dad. His son is just as much a stand up gentlemen as he is. It was a pleasure.

It is always fun to meet some of the names that you hear thrown around this sport. You hear of people that have been around this sport for decades and when you meet them they are just down to earth people.

The best is they seem to take a few extra minutes with my daughter. That means the world to her and me. I am not sure that Bart has judged many puppy events where the handler finished up the last half of the course holding his daughters hand. He got to Saturday.

Joe

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:48 pm

CONGRATS on the Blue!
When you said who your Handler was, I was going to ask about the breeding and suspected what you confirmed. That's some dayum fine stuff there!
Jim is the epitome of a Gentleman IME and both dogs mentioned were about as nice as one could ask for. I suspect your "Cut" will be a cut above too.
Good luck in the season!
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:52 pm

Congratulations and Wow! what a gorgeous picture.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'