I try not to brag too much.. BUT!

jetjockey

I try not to brag too much.. BUT!

Post by jetjockey » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Well I ended up with the day off so Im celebrating with an ice cold Shock Top. My wife and I got back last night from watching a weekend trial. On our drive out to the trial on Friday, we found out our pup placed 2nd in the dual sanctioned Open AA Championship that ran during the week. That makes her a 1xRUAmFC to go with her FC. What really caught us off guard was the fact that we just dropped her back off with the trainer 3 weeks ago. We weren't expecting much since I had been foot hunting her since the ABC AA Nationals at the end of Nov. I think she only ran off horse a couple times before she started trialing again. She seems to have jumped right back in the thick of it fairly easily thougth, making a nice transition from foot hunting to HB trialing, even if I did soften her up just a bit by hunting her. The biggest suprise came from the AAA though. It wasn't a big stake, but I ran my brit off HB for only the second time in a trial. Ill admit, it wasn't pretty, but she got around and managed a 3rd place finish. She placed more because of a process of elimination then having a great run, but Ill take it. Most of the dogs didn't get around. But Im still pretty excited since Ive got her around both times I ran her, even though it wasn't pretty either time. My trainers response when we took 3rd was "not too bad considering you were practicing". Which is really what I was doing! I was hesitant to run her off horseback because I didn't want to confuse her when it came to foot hunting with me, and HB trailing with her trainer. It seems she made the transition a lot easier then I did, and now Im totally hooked. I'm a long ways from running her in any AAA championships, but Im slowly learning, and its a heck of a lot of fun!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: I try not to brag too much.. BUT!

Post by ultracarry » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:53 pm

What trial was that at?

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Southern open brit championship, Sob, and Bama Brit club weekend trial.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Congrats. Sounds like a good weekend.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Its amazing with how much heck FT's get on here and the misconceptions across the board that anyone would EVER enjoy a FT! :roll: To all the doubters, come take a look you might just have a good time!
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:38 am

Hi JJ :) :) :)

And its sad that Field trials get "heck" on here. I didn't think I would ever like them.... but now, well I am hooked forever or at least as long as I can physically do it and have a few good dogs!

Julia
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Thanks guys. I agree about the trialing thing. I love to hunt, but I enjoy trialing just as much. Thankfuly our trainer lets us ride his horses to watch trials, otherwise there is no way we could afford to watch her run. We couldn't do it without him and his family...... This is our first foray into trialing, and its been a blast. Doesn't hurt that our pup has turned out to be more then we could have ever asked for at this point. We got REALLY lucky with her. Last year she finished in the top 10 in AA points in the ABC before she turned 3 1/2, and we only started running her in AA in the fall. She followed up her sob placement the following week with another 1 hour 2nd place finish. With any luck she might even win an AA trial down the road, but even if she doesn't, we love her. And shes a great hunting buddy and house dog when she's home.

Jet