Remeber how I hated to see field trial season end?

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 am

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35064

We spent the summer dog-showing it, and now I'm sorry to be done with that also! We managed to amass 19 points on 3 puppies (all under a year old), everyone earned their first major, plus a 3 point grand champion major on our veteran!

Forrest (Woodland's Forrest Fire who is DC Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory x CH Hope's Dream Weaver) finished the summer with a total of 7 points, including a 4 point best of winners specialty major...all from the Bred by Exhibitor class. We're hoping this boy follows in his father's footsteps and is our next Dual Champion!

Mist (Woodland's Water Fairy who is also DC Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory x CH Hope's Dream Weaver) finished the summer with a total of 7 points also, including a 3 point winners bitch at a supported entry show...again all from the Bred By Exhibitors class.

[Image

Jenny (Woodlands Spirit of Big Oaks who is CH Zax Bigoaks Spirit of Chilcote x CH Dual Lanes Gamblers Lady Luck) finished the summer with a total of 5 points, including a 3 point best of winners at a supported entry show from the 6-9 month puppy class. Jenny goes back to Gamblers Ace in the Hole and is just bird CRAZY! She'll be heading south this winter to be broke. Can't wait to run her in broke stakes!

And then there's Tessa (Forrest & Mist's dam), who picked up a 3 pt. grand champion major at a supported entry show handled by my 9 yr old step-daughter! It was Mariel's first time in the show ring! She looks very cross in the picture, but Mariel is HOOKED!

Blaze & Chloe are in shape and ready to go for the upcoming field trial season, Forrest has been out with a trainer for the last month learning about birds & horses, and we're looking forward to running him in some puppy stakes this season (along with Mist & Jenny).

2 1/2 weeks until our first trial!!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: Remeber how I hated to see field trial season end?

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:42 am

Congratulations:

That is a nice looking pack of Brits there.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick