Training new shorthair pointer

Pappy

Training new shorthair pointer

Post by Pappy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Well I took my 5 month old short hair out today for some more training. He did very well. The long hours of training are finally paying off. I set a bob white in the bird launcher and he pointed down wind from it and held steady. I released it and he just stood there. Next I took him off in a another direction away from the bird and then came back to the general area. I had him hunt it up and after a while he was able to locate the bird. It sure is fun when the training goes according to plan. Well approximate 3 more weeks to quail and chucker season. That will be the real test.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bberry20

Re: Training new shorthair pointer

Post by Bberry20 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 am

congrats on the progress and glad to see the training is going well.

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Pat,he's looking good.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

jeff shumaker

Post by jeff shumaker » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Very goodlookingg dog . Nice looking point. Hope you have agood bird hunting season. I am from nebraska. The quailhave really came back the last couple years. Should be a good year for us.