Delmarva NAVHDA

Gooseman07

Delmarva NAVHDA

Post by Gooseman07 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:33 pm

Well, today was my dog's and my first NAVHDA test. We ran in Utility. What a test to start with if you know anything about NAVHDA. Well, I haven't had time to train in about a month because I've been working from dark to dark. I had some reservations about running this test but I decided that if I didn't do it now, I wouldn't do it.

Anyway, we started with the duck search, he nailed it! Perfect search, I've never seen him swim like that. Heeling, very good. Steady by the blind, I thought it was a little hairy but the judges didn't think so. Retrieve was no question, which I expected. The track was no issue but it was at a very good spot to contain scent. Now onto the field. I was a little skeptical about his steadiness in the field. The first bird assured my questions.He stayed pretty steady for the first bird even though they missed the bird and it flew. The next bird, he needed correction, the next bird, he needed correction. Finally the last bird he needed correction again. He retrieved each bird that was shot perfectly, that was 3 of 4. So, the day ended well. I was a happy camper because my dog was not asked to stop the test so he didn't do anything that bad. The judges spent time tallying. Now the moment of truth. I was the last handler all day, so I was the last score read. 4, 4, 4, 3 on steadiness, 4, 4, the judge kept reading 4's. Final score, 201!!!! I was so excited!!! My dog passed his first NAVHDA test with a prize 1!!! He was a champ, it was a beautiful day! Thanks to all the judges, thanks to the club and thanks to the guy that runs the preserve. Nick, from New York also received a prize 1 with his dog. I'm sorry, I can't remember your last name. Thanks everyone!!! We had a great day!

campgsp

Re: Delmarva NAVHDA

Post by campgsp » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Congrats

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Congratulations !!! :D

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Nice way to start...Congrats!

Gooseman07

Delmarva NAVHDA

Post by Gooseman07 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm

They tell me beginner's luck. Guess we'll see in 11 months at the invitational.

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

Congratulations! That is something to be proud of. Good luck next year in Ohio.