Good Boy

Melvin4730

Good Boy

Post by Melvin4730 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

I've posted a few pictures of my Brittany, Denver, over the past few months. He's now 4 months old. I've taken him to a couple of the local NSTRA trials. The last one took place this weekend. I just like watching the dogs work and its a good chance for me to socialize Denver with new people and dogs. They had two different fields they were running trials, each one had its own viewing building/spot that was constructed to allow easy viewing of the field and dogs...pretty nice setup. Anyway, the trials were coming to an end, so I got Denver and was walking him around the grounds a little before we left. I started walking over to one of the viewing booths/buildings when all of a sudden he locked up. I walked out in front of him and then circle back all the way around and he never moved a muscle. I looked in front of him about 15 yards or so, there was four wheeler. I still couldn't figure out what was going on. I walked over to the four wheeler and then I figured out what Denver was doing. Down on the ground beside the four wheeler was a bird bag full of quail. They use the four wheeler to release the birds. Good boy Denver.

I bought a dozen birds a few weeks ago and let him find and chase them out in the field. I had him on a check cord, so he couldn't catch them. I guess that smell sank in.

I've got a pigeon loft going right now, so in a few weeks I've start messing with him on pigeons. I really enjoy working with the dogs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Garrison

Re: Good Boy

Post by Garrison » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Very nice! Favorite part of watching pups grow up.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-