Can you brag if you lose?

RemchesterBrittanys

Can you brag if you lose?

Post by RemchesterBrittanys » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:04 pm

I think so, I think Frankie deserves a little bragging this year. Today he ran in the AZPDC Trial of Champions Gundog Class. Although Frankie was out after the first round I am so proud we event got there. He had a fine run today with 3 good finds other braces had 1 or 0 finds but our bracemate stubled into 6. So our day was cut short but it was a great group of dogs and we we honored to run with them. Frankie came from dead last in his first trial to a 3rd place after only 4 trials. Frankie was the #9 dog in points in the club and he ran less than half of the events.

Next years trial season begins in Feb and we will have both Frankie and Gunner in the hunt for TOC next year.

Now it is time to look toward wild bird season and our trip to San Carlos, also Thanksgiving weekend Mearns.

Any of you Az guys out there?

pameladallaire

better next time

Post by pameladallaire » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:29 am

If you are proud then it was good for both you and your dog! Congrats on a great try. Winning isn't everything, the fun is in the steps that get you there.

Pam :D

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:46 am

I hope you can brag if you lose. In every trial there is one winner, and anywhere from 4 to 104 losers. So alot of losers, and some of them had very good days anyway. Talk it up.

Scott

Post by Scott » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:08 pm

Hey Don,

Glad to hear you had such a great time this year! Sounds like your dogs are all primed for Mearns hunting. Are you going to be out Tucson way this year?

I am looking forward to the duck hunting too, with all the dang snakes out still at least I can get out and shoot some ducks until it cools off a bit.

Hope all is well.

Scott

RemchesterBrittanys

Post by RemchesterBrittanys » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:06 pm

Scott, we need to hook up this year. I had been hunting mostly north but I usually hunt that secret area (Freeman Rd). I am sure I will find my way south much more this year. There are a few of us going to San Carlos 11/08 (Veteran's Day weekend). If you care to join us let me know and I'll put you in the loop. That goes for any of you guys.