surprised by my puppy

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

surprised by my puppy

Post by ultracarry » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Put Tac down in his first field trial in Derby and puppy.
Had him going forward at 8 and found standing at 18. Stayed steady through the flush and shot with another dog pointing right behind him. Best little dog I have had yet. This boy knows how to run and my scout had him running the ridge lines when I couldn't see him because I was in the bottom of the canyon.

The next day he ran in puppy and besides some dust clouds on a hill side we had him at 3-4 and then again at 14.

Overall not a bad way to start his trialing career. He has surpassed what I expected of him and should make a pretty decent shooting dog.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: surprised by my puppy

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Sounds like a good time and some awesome young dog work
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: surprised by my puppy

Post by ultracarry » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:57 pm

It was a good start for the year. Now for broke stakes.
Heard your kennels name a lot at the awards dinner..... A lot of new FC last year for your breedings.