APC National Championship - Wye Island MD

fourseasons

APC National Championship - Wye Island MD

Post by fourseasons » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Well... I have to brag on my friend Betsy Archer, because I know she'd not do this for herself. Betsy's dog, "Kip", an 8 year old black and white Pointer, won the Amateur Championship at the American Pointer Club, Inc. National Amateur Championship trial this past week in Wye Island MD!!! Kip has previously been the AKC's ***all-pointing breed championship winner***, and continues to show his incredible manners and outstanding bird sense, with no signs of letting up. He also placed third in a tough National Championship stake at that same trial. Betsy's bitch "Cassie" won the national amateur championship title at the APC championships a few years ago - no small feat. I understand that Betsy has run her dogs at four APC nationals and has 7 placements (counting these wins) - YOU GO, GIRL!!!!! Betsy's youngest dog, "Skip", is also the number-one Derby for his region through American Field.

Tell you what, here's a lady who works to do the best for her dogs at every moment... she takes the time it takes to ensure those dogs receive the exercise, training and conditioning needed to be their best when it comes to both trialing AND hunting (both Betsy and Rich hunt with their dogs in off season). You don't necessarily see big, flashy ads or brags posted by Betsy or hubby Rich - however, check out base camp and you'll likely see Betsy volunteering in some way at most events... on committees, kitchen, clean-up, marshalling, etc. - she is a true "gentleman" sportsman and dog owner. Though this was the first east-coast APC NC I've missed attending in decades my hat's off to Betsy Archer, and hearty congrats - from miles away <G> - on her well-deserved wins!!!

Rumor has it that GDF member Ray Gubernat had a Derby placement at that same APC Derby Classic, and Grace Anne Lawson won the Puppy stake? Yea, you two as well!!!

Pointergsp

Re: APC National Championship - Wye Island MD

Post by Pointergsp » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:15 pm

TOTALLY AGREE...Betsy is one of a kind.