First broke stake for my GSP

Elkhunter

First broke stake for my GSP

Post by Elkhunter » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 pm

So I have a little GSP female that I broke out this spring, she is turning four this year. The fun and challenging part was I broke her out on WILD birds. It was a great time and a lot of work/fun. She was just coming out of her heat cycle so her race was a little inconsistent but solid on her one find.

Also this is the first dog I actually "broke". I was told that since I sent my pointer to a pro for 6 weeks I cannot be proud of the two RU CH that he has placed in...... :) So I guess I can be proud of this win!

Anyways here is Sadie with her third place trophy! Hopefully more to come in the future.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: First broke stake for my GSP

Post by Neil » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:10 pm

You have every right to be very proud of all your dogs' accomplishments - All. After 6 weeks with a pro most dogs are just starting to respond to their name. Don't you think the owner of the Kentucky Derby winner is proud, need he be the jockey and trainer? How about the owners of Shadow Oak Bo? Don't give power to the negative people, most are losers.

But it is fun to do it yourself.

Congratulations.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Congrats Josh you have every right to be proud of both dogs although doing it your self is more satisfying.I have heard the same thing Star was trained & broke & finished pretty much by Chris.Peolpe have said how could you get any satisfaction out of that.I had a mini stroke about 2 wks after leaving her with Chris for evaluation so he took her South for winter camp & did the rest from there.I did break Storm on pigeons my self & hunted him sparingly until I put him with Chris at about 3 1/2 yrs old.Chris fine tuned him on game birds & now only needs his retrieving points to finish.

You know I could say to all those that critisised me for not training & running them myself atleast I bred both these dogs I didn't go buy them or go thrrough numerous dogs to get what I have! but I haven't & won't because I don't know their circumstance any more then they know mine.

Again BIG CONGRATS!! & Enjoy the RIDE! :D

Tejas

Post by Tejas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 pm

I took driver's education for about six weeks when I was 14 and then took the state mandated driving exam. Guess who's name is on the license.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 am

I am pretty hands on kind of guy, but I have been sending dogs North to the prairies for 40 years with a pro. It has never diminished my pride or sense of accomplishment. When a dog goes in the Hall of Fame it is the owner not the pro that accepts the accolades, rightly so.

Congratulations.

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:37 am

I agree with you all, I know it is just jealousy but it still makes me smile.

Headed to Montana in May and then shut it down till this fall!

Thanks for the compliments.

QuillGordon

Post by QuillGordon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:16 am

I broke her out on WILD birds
What no pigeons???
You definitely cheated... :wink:

Congrats Elk

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:37 am

Congratulations - you have every right to be proud. What a great looking little dog!

Elkhunter

Post by Elkhunter » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:16 pm

QuillGordon wrote:
I broke her out on WILD birds
What no pigeons???
You definitely cheated... :wink:

Congrats Elk
Ha, she might have seen 2-3 but thats about it! She is a super smart dog, so I think she made it easy on my. Now for my pup, he just likes to chase and bark!

Nutmeg247

Post by Nutmeg247 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:18 am

Great-looking dog for sure!