getting excited

jryan85

getting excited

Post by jryan85 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:40 pm

I took my 6 month old brit pup out today for the 3rd time this week but was out of birds so I was going to just let him run a new field today to get some exercise. He was working fast but not out of control the best he has done so far. Then about 15 min. Inhe hit some scent and started working towards it all the sudden he locked up tight I had no idea what it could be since I didntplant nothing and there is very few wild birds in ohio. Then I walked up to him from the side got 10 feet from him and a pheasant flushed hard from the tall grass. I never seen him so excited it took ten minutes to calm him down. After that I leashed him up and left it was hard but he did it perfect so it was time to leave. The bird was probably a released bird from someone else since it was a public dog training ground but I was proud of him I couldnt stop smiling all the way home. My wife said she hasnt seen me that proud since my boy was born. I know we still have ALOT of work to do but aleast I know he has it in him as long as I dont screw it. Thank you guys for all your help I learn somthing new everytime I get on here. Pictures are coming my wife has to post them I struggle with technology.