2014 Trials.

RyanDoolittle

2014 Trials.

Post by RyanDoolittle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 pm

2014 was the first year I competed in field trials and it was the 1st year my young dog was old enough to give it a try.

We started in May with a few Horseback stakes, tried walking stakes, and finished the season in September with more Horseback stakes. We had a great deal of success placing in all stakes we entered which was a combination of Open Puppy and Open Derby wins.

Now that 2015 has come around awards for the 2014 season have started to be awarded. I am proud to say my puppy Hawk Haven Gambling Marshal Wy-Guy has been awarded
Calgary Pointing Dog Club Junior Dog of the Year
GSP Field Club of Alberta Puppy of the Year
GSP Field Club of Alberta Derby Dog of the Year
AFTCA Region 14 #2 Puppy (Single Course)
We are still waiting to hear on his standing in Open Puppy and Open Derby in the CKC.

ImageDSC_0037 on Flickr.

Onward and upward, 2015 will find us competing in more Horseback trials. We need a First place in derby to get our last derby point and qualify us for Championships. Hopefully in the fall he is broke and can run some Shooting Dog stakes. I am going to need a horse this year as well, sure makes running dogs easier!

Neil
GDF Junkie

Re: 2014 Trials.

Post by Neil » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Congratulations. It will get harder, though I am sure he is up to it. Just don't try to go faster than he is ready. Few 3 year olds are mature enough. Remember to enjoy the journey not just the ribbons.

Seriously, great accoumplishments!

RyanDoolittle

Re: 2014 Trials.

Post by RyanDoolittle » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Thanks.
He has definatly got it in him.
Wyatt is a double bred Fritz grandson. His dad is DC VC Gambles Sam Man and his mom is a littermate to FC Sixth Sens Wyatt.