Finished AFC and Sister Dog BHU National Champ

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Finished AFC and Sister Dog BHU National Champ

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Pike (800x533).jpg
And the saga continues with my first trial dog(s). This was Pike's first broke dog stake (Pike is a Pointer - Four Rivers Commander and NSTRA dog). He didn't get to run in derby since Jon Hann (Perfection Kennel) counsels his folks not to run pups with unbroke dogs on birds they could catch. I was a bit nervous for him running in a big dog stake, but he is a year and a half old now, and he's big. Anyway, Jon entered him in Open Gun Dog - and he took a 2nd! I was honestly pretty surprised. Apparently, he had a nice stop to flush as well as 3 finds (sister said he ran like a puppy some of the time, but at other times he was running great).

I didn't get to see him run because I was running my sister's dogs in Amateur Gun Dog (which her little female won!). It was a neat Saturday - the Heart of America GSP Club runs a nice trial - and the judges were awesome! My scout (came up from Oklahoma to run his dog) was a great help since I was incapacitated with the flu and barely making it through the day. Would have posted this fun news sooner, but I've been in bed since Saturday as the flu just got worse. My sis's female finished her AFC at this trial with this win. She's a stellar little dog.

And in other news....the sister to my sister's stellar little dog, our dog Ginny - is a BHU (Bird Hunters United) National Champion! She and I won the BHU ladies pointing division at Nationals two weekends ago. It was pretty cool to finish her dog the week after her sister became a National Champion. I'll try to get a pic of the two sisters together and post it on here. :)
IMG_5186 (1024x683).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Carolina Gundogs

Re: Finished AFC and Sister Dog BHU National Champ

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Wow! Congratulations!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Well done!:)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ron Kruger

Post by Ron Kruger » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:26 pm

Great! Love the shot of Ginny on point.

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:34 pm

Way to go!!! Congratulations!!
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

nhachman

Post by nhachman » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Congratulations Elsa!